Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Toe

31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This. UM is going crazy claiming other teams did the same thing…..but it wasn’t the “same” thing. Everybody steals signals but there are ways to do it within the rules and then there is how Michigan did it outside the rules. It’s actually pretty simple.

Now if we want to have the discussion of why any of it is illegal, we can do that. But just know what Michigan was doing and when/how/where it occurred was against the rules. Buncha cheatin’ whiners.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Everyone is making quite the deal of the helmet communications - including Rhule - but I'm not sure that really changes much.  The helmet communication lets a coach talk to the QB.  But that would do nothing to change if teams are wanting to line up then look to the sideline for the coaches to adjust the play.  Unless they're going to allow speakers in every player's helmet.  But that's not how the NFL does it.

I haven't watched NFL closely enough to know whether they use signals from the sideline. I think Manning used to call his own audibles. Is it pretty much on the QB in the NFL? is it college that only does signs from the sidelines?

21 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/michigan-rb-blake-corum-denies-any-business-link-to-ex-analyst-connor-stalions-my-attorneys-are-on-it/

"That's something I'm not really into," Corum said. "Vacuums aren't my thing. I'm a clean person, but I'm not a cleaner. Vacuums aren't my thing. I don't know anything about that." 

What a hilarious and suspicious phrasing.

Why would a running back who is probably getting paid more than he will in the NFL investing in a vacuum cleaner business? That is just weird. BI did see something about Stalions neighbors complaining about vacuums outside of his new house. That dude was really weird and has very rich parents that enable him. I am not sure how he made it through boot camp at Pendleton.

1 minute ago, nic said:

Why would a running back who is probably getting paid more than he will in the NFL investing in a vacuum cleaner business?

Tax deductions for business losses

Money laundering

Drug trafficking

Who really knows, but the more people keep digging into Michigan, the more slimy s#!t they seem to find.

• TBH 1
9 minutes ago, nic said:

I haven't watched NFL closely enough to know whether they use signals from the sideline. I think Manning used to call his own audibles. Is it pretty much on the QB in the NFL? is it college that only does signs from the sidelines?

I've really never seen any NFL team do signals from the sideline like college teams do.  The QB vocally audibles and maybe has a couple hand signals to receivers.

I heard that Michigan hired Williams and Connolly to go up against the Big10. They are a large firm. I guess this is going to war. It will be interesting to see how it all flushes out. I guess it's time to sit back, relax, and watch the dirt fly. :snacks:Michigan is known to just rollover and expose their belly for a nice scratch. Not this time. Maybe they just get booted from the Big10. 

4 minutes ago, GSG said:

Tax deductions for business losses

Money laundering

Drug trafficking

Who really knows, but the more people keep digging into Michigan, the more slimy s#!t they seem to find.

You assume this is legit. We are in an age of anything and everything getting thrown out on the net.

• Haha 1

Just now, nic said:

You assume this is legit. We are in an age of anything and everything getting thrown out on the net.

Could be. Those that always yap the loudest about integrity and doing the right thing often seem to be the ones with most to hide.

• Plus1 3
34 minutes ago, nic said:

Looks like, based off of discoverable facts, that Blake Corum filed an LLC in Virginia a few years ago, and then five weeks after Corum posts on instagram with the hashtag for his business, Stalions files an LLC in Wyoming with the same name.

That doesn't prove that Corum isn't involved with the Wyoming one, but it does seem to match up with the absolutely unhinged obsessive nature of Connor Stalions to do something this hilariously dumb.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

This. UM is going crazy claiming other teams did the same thing…..but it wasn’t the “same” thing. Everybody steals signals but there are ways to do it within the rules and then there is how Michigan did it outside the rules. It’s actually pretty simple.

Now if we want to have the discussion of why any of it is illegal, we can do that. But just know what Michigan was doing and when/how/where it occurred was against the rules. Buncha cheatin’ whiners.

IF Purdue, OSU and Rutgers had Michigan's signals last year,  was there a competitive advantage in those games? 

53 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Perhaps you should apply the same skepticism to a bunch of stuff you're getting from the Michigan boards.

What is wrong with posting what they are thinking or writing about? the bloggers and insiders might not be correct, so I try and preface the posts with the word 'IF'. 

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Everyone is making quite the deal of the helmet communications - including Rhule - but I'm not sure that really changes much.  The helmet communication lets a coach talk to the QB.  But that would do nothing to change if teams are wanting to line up then look to the sideline for the coaches to adjust the play.  Unless they're going to allow speakers in every player's helmet.  But that's not how the NFL does it.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2023/11/08/sign-stealing-ncaa-helmet-communications-sideline-tablets-in-college-football-bowl-games/71501460007/

Looks like approval for helmet comms is starting.