Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Toe

14 hours ago, commando said:

just comparing the michigan conspiracies about people out to get them with the arizona conspiracy that people were out to get kari.  both are silly.

No worries. I didn't remember Kari until after you brought up dominion. The latest M chatter is this...don't you just love anonymous sources?

https://www.on3.com/teams/michigan-wolverines/news/michigan-media-gathering-evidence-on-private-investigators-and-their-links-to-osu-more-on-jim-harbaugh-extension/

Several sources at Michigan and in the media tell TheWolverine.com they are gathering evidence on two private investigators they believe are behind the investigation into U-M’s alleged illegal on-site scouting. The same sources also believe the two are responsible for the media leaks that have kept the story in the news for weeks. 

Both allegedly have ties to Ohio State head coach Ryan Day’s family.

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

I think he might have actually resigned?  

But still, how could the fire him, remember NO ONE knew him.

At least the media corrected firing to resigned this time..and Stalions released a statement through his lawyer, which probably doesn't do much. Ironic that such an Uber fan that wrote a manifesto on how he was going to take over Michigan football did so much to ruin it.

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, nic said:

At least the media corrected firing to resigned this time..and Stalions released a statement through his lawyer, which probably doesn't do much. Ironic that such an Uber fan that wrote a manifesto on how he was going to take over Michigan football did so much to ruin it.

That statement is interesting. Pretty much admitting he was up to something sketch but no one else knew about it. 

10 hours ago, nic said:

Love the wording that makes it sound like one thing but really doesn't tell you much of anything.

This conversation could have happened and the above also be true:

Stalions: "I'm going to go to a bunch of other games and video their sidelines so we know what thier signals are."

Harbaugh: "Wow!  That's a great idea!"

• Haha 1

The hatred the B1G has for Harbaugh is unbelievable.  This is personal.  I look at things this way.  If you let them crucify Harbaugh, know that they can do it to anyone that seems to piss everyone off.

I know the U of Michigan and their people are a bunch of arrogant jack wagons.  I live amongst many.  I say drag this out and deal with it in the off season.  Send Jim packing.

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

The hatred the B1G has for Harbaugh is unbelievable.  This is personal.  I look at things this way.  If you let them crucify Harbaugh, know that they can do it to anyone that seems to piss everyone off.

The other side of the coin is that if you let Jim and Michigan get away with it, you've cheated a bunch of other teams out of possible wins and will unleash every team to do everything in their power to start stealing signs, practice film, etc.

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The other side of the coin is that if you let Jim and Michigan get away with it, you've cheated a bunch of other teams out of possible wins and will unleash every team to do everything in their power to start stealing signs, practice film, etc.

I think you just have to let the process play out.  Not react to a bunch of schools whining about it, when we have all heard this goes on with many schools.  Is the guilty?  Probably, but how many other schools are too.  Suspending all of those coaches?  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I think you just have to let the process play out.  Not react to a bunch of schools whining about it, when we have all heard this goes on with many schools.  Is the guilty?  Probably, but how many other schools are too.  Suspending all of those coaches?  

I suppose you can only "let it play out" if you suspend play and investigate.  

They are clearly not doing that.  So they are kind of stuck.

3 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

As teach said, we can't pause the games, so letting the process play out is basically letting Michigan get away with it.

And if other coaches are doing it too, then same punishment for them. Doing nothing because others might be guilty too is ridiculous.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
5 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

The way things work is to crucify first and ask questions later. No matter how this plays out I also want to know who hacked into the Michigan servers to get evidence. Not that it changes anything with the illegal scouting, I am just curious who it was that decided to break the law to gather the evidence.

I also read that the Big10 commish asked Michigan to suspend Harbuagh for two games. Michigan asked the Big10 to investigate the situation first.

I am not sure if it has always been this way, but tonight I saw Michigan's QB getting the plays off his armband although the audibles were signaled in.

13 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

There is a big part of me that thinks the investigation needs to continue now and punishment (if warranted) should be now.  

There is also a big part of me that wants to see the OSU/Michigan game played with both teams at full strength. 

The hatred has just been multiplied many times over.  It’s going to be nasty.  

The Game will be played. FOX will not give up that audience. This might be the most watched game ever, given the circumstances. I don't think the Big10 can do anything to stop it without getting sued. If they suspend Harbaugh, will it be the same?

The rumor is, the Big10 wanted to suspend Harbaugh for 2 games. There are still 2 left before The Game. The thing is...will a two game suspension this year appease the folks carrying the pitchforks? Not according to the tweets you posted. Also is Harbaugh not knowing truly as bad as him knowing and saying he didn't know? That second part seems worse to me.