Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Toe

15 hours ago, chamrocck said:

The Big 10 east is becoming a bunch of low lifes and crooks.  Let’s go west! Upset the cheaters!

Umm...

Minnesota cover-up of 4 football players sexually harassing a female student. (2017)

Iowa covering up the racial discriminations for years

Northwestern covering up what is essentially gang rape for years

and don't forget, Nebraska "under Frost" violated NCAA rules for countable coaches, and Frost violated head coach responsibility rules resulting in very minimal restrictions/fines but regardless.. 

Truth is (and I honestly believe this) every team has violations but to compare Michigan's current scandal with say Northwestern's, yeah give me Harbaugh and Michigan's every day of the week.

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, nic said:

I keep wondering if this is prevalent and Michigan is stupid or if they are doing something out of the ordinary. From

the same article:

"A Group of Five head coach told me yesterday that he is just baffled that they left such a paper trail in this. Quote: 'In some ways they should be held accountable for just sheer stupidity.' "

Brian Kelly's opinion. I don't like him much, but he doesn't seem to care.

It’s silly,” he told ESPN on Wednesday. “Silly meaning my genuine feeling is that we have too many smart people that have looked at this and said we should be doing it and we haven’t taken the time to actually move it forward.”

Kelly said that teams attempting to steal signals of opponents has been “going on forever.”

Asked whether those efforts ever rose to the level of what Michigan is accused of, sending people to scout opponents in person and using recording devices, Kelly said, “Who knows.”

“But this isn’t the first time we’ve heard of sign stealing,” he said, “whether there is proposed sign stealing or people were buying tickets to other games. This is all part of why this should not even be part of the equation.”

Kelly said the tangible effect of stealing signals is debatable. In 32 years of coaching, he said, he has never believed they lost a game because of it.

“I’ve never come back to the office and go, they got us,” he added.

The conspiracy theory at M is that a former alumni Jim Stapleton, who starting working for the NCAA a couple years back, hates Harbaugh and is leaking info to the NCAA in order to kill Harbaugh's new contract extension that was due this week. A writer named John U.  Bacon accused Stapleton of being Harbaugh's problem. Incidentally, Stapleton was on the board of the Vikings too. Stapleton has threatened a defamation lawsuit against Bacon

https://www.diehardsport.com/college-football/michigan-writer-issues-response-to-jim-stapleton-after-calling-him-whistleblower/

And now the WSJ says Harbaugh's contract was pulled off the table this week, which of course fans the conspiracy flame. 

https://www.wsj.com/sports/football/jim-harbaugh-michigan-contract-sign-stealing-21d5e1b6

Keeps getting more and more weird.

23 hours ago, teachercd said:

Holy s#!t...and this is legit?

This is the wolfs either admitting it is real OR using this to get rid of him.  

Or folks just saying things...two insiders say otherwise.who knows what is real. I am not sure that someone hiring a PI firm to get sign gate info is real either.

This is a UofM regent refuting the claim of an emergency meeting. It's getting crazy.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I would say it would be extremely bad optics to give him an extension right now.

So the offer might not actually be "rescinded" but I'm sure they said "We're going to put this on hold for a bit."

That is the theory, although it would be a fun middle finger if they did it now. Just put in a clause that either side can terminate with 1 months notice, no buyout. The best thing M can do for themselves is win out, since this was know prior to MSU. I still wonder why teams don't just use arm bands. I guess because have to huddle. The interesting thing is they have not gotten a notice of allegations or their 90-day window to respond. I doubt anything happens this season.