Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Toe

so, I looked up this Stalions guy's name on twitter, and people are posting videos of him standing next to the coaches on the sideline talking to them pre-snap, including this one where he looks across the field at the same time as the OSU offense, and he (and the whole sideline) immediately start signaling to each other as soon as they see the sign:

Then I went down another rabbit hole (and now can't find the link where I saw it), where it is rumored that he similarly scouted Tennessee last year, and shared intel with South Carolina, which led to SC blowing out Tenn. If this is actually true, wouldn't that possibly implicate Satterfield in this mess? 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Ulty said:

so, I looked up this Stalions guy's name on twitter, and people are posting videos of him standing next to the coaches on the sideline talking to them pre-snap, including this one where he looks across the field at the same time as the OSU offense, and he (and the whole sideline) immediately start signaling to each other as soon as they see the sign:

Then I went down another rabbit hole (and now can't find the link where I saw it), where it is rumored that he similarly scouted Tennessee last year, and shared intel with South Carolina, which led to SC blowing out Tenn. If this is actually true, wouldn't that possibly implicate Satterfield in this mess? 

Maybe!  Honestly though, it won't be an issue.  The issue is just going to be with Michigan. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Maybe!  Honestly though, it won't be an issue.  The issue is just going to be with Michigan. 

But....(putting on my tinfoil hat)...IF South Carolina got cheater-info prior to the Tennessee game last year, and IF Satterfield used that info in what was by far SC's best offensive showing all year, and IF Satterfield parlayed that offensive performance into the OC job at Nebraska....then godammit we need to hire our own signal-spy or else our offense will continue to suck.

• Oh Yeah! 1
6 minutes ago, Ulty said:

But....(putting on my tinfoil hat)...IF South Carolina got cheater-info prior to the Tennessee game last year, and IF Satterfield used that info in what was by far SC's best offensive showing all year, and IF Satterfield parlayed that offensive performance into the OC job at Nebraska....then godammit we need to hire our own signal-spy or else our offense will continue to suck.

Haha!

Good point!

I think in cases like this, only the HC would get in "real trouble" but who knows!

• Plus1 1

So...It's going to be really interesting to see what happens with Michigan the rest of the year.  Obviously, Stalions isn't going to be on the sidelines with his cheat sheet.  But....he's probably already scouted at least some of the remaining competition and deep in their offices, they have that information.

What do they do?  Do they totally ignore the information they have and not use it in games?  Do they have someone else on the sidelines with the information and more discreetly signalling to the defense in hopes they don't get caught?

It's also going to be really interesting to see how much less dominating their defense is going to be. 

They have this week off to think about it.  Then:

Purdue

PSU

Maryland

OSU

I'd laugh my a$$ off if all of a sudden their defense struggles and they drop at least a couple of those.  Almost wish they didn't have an off week to come up with a game plan moving forward.

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

Interesting thought.  But it would have helped SC's defense, not their offense.

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

At first I was kind of like "well .... Harbaugh wouldn't *HAVE* to have known about it."

But when half the sideline starts reacting to signals from the other side - some of the players knew it well enough to react before the coaches did - there's really no way you could NOT know something is up.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

So, they just won't answer any questions or comment on anything.  Connor Stalion will basically disappear for the next 3-6 months, so he won't be able to answer anything and also, none of them have to answer anything because this is not a court of law...

Kind of disappointing for those of us that were hoping this would be a fun thing to rip on wolf fans for!

• Plus1 1