Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Toe

47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Michigan got caught doing something wrong.  They claim others are doing things wrong.  Michigan should be punished for what they did.  If others did something they shouldn't, then they should be punished too.  This gets directly to the integrity of the game.  When two teams take the field, fans should be able to believe it's a fair game and everyone is playing by the rules and the game is decided by one team actually playing better than the other team.

One of the biggest issues will be gambling.  

Vegas doesn't like cheating, unless they are the ones that know about it.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

I say suspend Harbaugh for as long as they've been cheating.  Based on what I have seen it started in 2021 & they got caught in mid-2023.  That's 2.5 years of suspension.

On top of that every team that they illegally scouted gets to have a halftime show where he is flogged at midfield.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I say suspend Harbaugh for as long as they've been cheating.  Based on what I have seen it started in 2021 & they got caught in mid-2023.  That's 2.5 years of suspension.

On top of that every team that they illegally scouted gets to have a halftime show where he is flogged at midfield.

I saw mentioned somewhere else the punishment should be that Michigan has to give opponents their signs the week before the game for the next 2 years.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I saw mentioned somewhere else the punishment should be that Michigan has to give opponents their signs the week before the game for the next 2 years.

I'm OK with that, but I really want the weekly flogging halftime show.  I think it would really discourage coaches from cheating.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Michigan got caught doing something wrong.  They claim others are doing things wrong.  Michigan should be punished for what they did.  If others did something they shouldn't, then they should be punished too.  This gets directly to the integrity of the game.  When two teams take the field, fans should be able to believe it's a fair game and everyone is playing by the rules and the game is decided by one team actually playing better than the other team.

lol, this is the B1G conference. The most crime ridden conference in all of sports. The only ones getting punished in this "anti-fairness" conference is those whom have gotten on the wrong side of the B1G's greed!!! Harbaugh pushed for more shared revenue for players and ever since that push he's been constantly scrutinized by this league's corrupt administrators. As for the "Bold" text, every fan of a B1G school knows how incompetent the B1G officials are and fairness is not a term the B1G desires. It's about $$$.$$ and Bowls to generate more revenue. Best example of that was the mythical fair catch in the Minny/Iowa game. That decision came from the top and the outcome was to ensure a team qualifying for post season play and/or a statement to Iowa administrators that it's time to replace the most tenured coach in the B1G!!!

Fairness in the B1G is the most laughable concept in all of sports!!!!!!

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

lol, this is the B1G conference. The most crime ridden conference in all of sports. The only ones getting punished in this "anti-fairness" conference is those whom have gotten on the wrong side of the B1G's greed!!! Harbaugh pushed for more shared revenue for players and ever since that push he's been constantly scrutinized by this league's corrupt administrators. As for the "Bold" text, every fan of a B1G school knows how incompetent the B1G officials are and fairness is not a term the B1G desires. It's about $$$.$$ and Bowls to generate more revenue. Best example of that was the mythical fair catch in the Minny/Iowa game. That decision came from the top and the outcome was to ensure a team qualifying for post season play and/or a statement to Iowa administrators that it's time to replace the most tenured coach in the B1G!!!

Fairness in the B1G is the most laughable concept in all of sports!!!!!!

Does the conference have issues with officiating?  Yes.  That is obvious.  However, to claim the Big is the most crime ridden conference in all of sports is pretty laughable.  Think about the SEC just for a minute.

My opinion (and most other officials) is the punt return call was correct.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Does the conference have issues with officiating?  Yes.  That is obvious.  However, to claim the Big is the most crime ridden conference in all of sports is pretty laughable.  Think about the SEC just for a minute.

My opinion (and most other officials) is the punt return call was correct.

Then they should have blown the whistle right away or at least while he was running down the field if the refs believed that. As far as the most corrupt, it might be a toss up. The stories that came to mind for me were the cover ups and pay off for doctors doing bad things…and a coach or two…at UofM, PSU, MSU and OSU.

• Plus1 1

39 minutes ago, nic said:

Then they should have blown the whistle right away or at least while he was running down the field if the refs believed that. As far as the most corrupt, it might be a toss up. The stories that came to mind for me were the cover ups and pay off for doctors doing bad things…and a coach or two…at UofM, PSU, MSU and OSU.

Yes, they should have blown the play dead. 

49 minutes ago, nic said:

8 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Yes, they should have blown the play dead. 

No, they should have let it go like they did.  There was a question about whether it was an invalid fair catch signal or not.  So the proper way to officiate a play you're uncertain about is to let it continue until it is definitely over then make the ruling.  If they would have blown it dead and then decided there was nothing wrong with it, it would have been a disaster.  You let it play out so you know what happens on the play so you have that option if that's what is decided.

You see the same thing at times on fumbles, especially if there's a question as to whether it was a pass or not.  Let it play out so you know who recovered and, possibly, how far the recovered fumble was returned.  Then make your ruling.  That way, if replay determines it was a fumble, you have the actual results of the play.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

No, they should have let it go like they did.  There was a question about whether it was an invalid fair catch signal or not.  So the proper way to officiate a play you're uncertain about is to let it continue until it is definitely over then make the ruling.  If they would have blown it dead and then decided there was nothing wrong with it, it would have been a disaster.  You let it play out so you know what happens on the play so you have that option if that's what is decided.

You see the same thing at times on fumbles, especially if there's a question as to whether it was a pass or not.  Let it play out so you know who recovered and, possibly, how far the recovered fumble was returned.  Then make your ruling.  That way, if replay determines it was a fumble, you have the actual results of the play.

That makes sense. I guess it's going to look bad one way or another. I watched the reply. It did not look like a fair catch signal  to me, but maybe just waving your arm back and forth below chest level counts.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yup. That is a new rule this year. The head coach is only off the hook if the team can show proper training and continual oversight in the area of the violation...which even if Harbaugh didn't know... I doubt Michigan did that oversight. You would have to scrutinize all material used by the signal stealer