Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Toe

On 11/25/2023 at 4:05 PM, admo said:

Wrong.   

Michigan to Ryan Day, Ohio State boosters and Private Investigators......

Palms are sweaty ??Psshhhffthhh...

Who's going to beat us, You???!!!!  

Who gonna put Michigan on the suspension list next year, b!^@h

He returns from his second suspension this year and once again advocates for the players. 

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2023/11/26/23977025/michigan-football-jim-harbaugh-ncaa-revenue-sharing-ohio-state-big-ten-championship

On Sunday afternoon during a Big Ten Championship Game news conference, Harbaugh expanded his thoughts on players being compensated. 

“Who could be against the players being compensated for what they do? At least even minimum wage. Who could argue against that? When there’s injury or not. The emotional buildup watching it on TV,” Harbaugh explained. “There wasn’t a commercial that went by, a sporting event that was played all week that you didn’t see those two teams and the buildup and the hype and talk about players’ legacies and everything that could possibly be rolled into one game on the line. Then you see the amount of people that are benefiting financially from those players’ efforts out there. I wonder who could be against that.”

Harbaugh wants other coaches to do what he’s doing, use their voice to help student-athletes from all sports get compensated. 

“I ask other coaches to get on board. To use their platform and their voice for the student-athletes. Not just football players, all student-athletes to be sharing in this ever-increasing revenue.” Harbaugh said. “That was another thought that I had, and I just don’t know who could be against that.”

13 hours ago, Mavric said:

FIFY

No, he keeps poking the bear. Giving the same statement twice after he returns from suspensions seems very intentional, and the statement has nothing to do with the suspensions. Maybe not very wise, but who is going to argue with that statement other than the NCAA and some conferences? Michigan is still under investigation from the NCAA for both infractions. His statement doesn't change that, but it is sort of a middle finger. 

39 minutes ago, nic said:

No, he keeps poking the bear. Giving the same statement twice after he returns from suspensions seems very intentional, and the statement has nothing to do with the suspensions. Maybe not very wise, but who is going to argue with that statement other than the NCAA and some conferences?

sure-jennifer-lawrence.gif

39 minutes ago, nic said:

Michigan is still under investigation from the NCAA for both infractions. His statement doesn't change that, but it is sort of a middle finger. 

Your obsession with giving the middle finger is obsessive.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
44 minutes ago, Mavric said:

sure-jennifer-lawrence.gif

Your obsession with giving the middle finger is obsessive.

I think it's laughable that you think this is his attempt to distract from something that isn't going away until the NCAA finishes up. No one at Michigan can comment on an open investigation per NCAA rules, so what would you like him to say about the investigation? Plus, he has made statements like this before either investigation. He advocated for NIL before anyone knew what NIL would be. It sure does seem like he doing this to piss them off, but you are free to disagree. 

41 minutes ago, commando said:

well,,,,husker fans defend their team....nic can defend his.  just strange he does it on huskerboard instead of a michigan board.

I have never signed up for the MGo Board. They are a bunch of pompous a$$e$. They spend most of their time correcting grammar on posts, but the game analysis is great. Good writers.  I joined this board back when NU joined the Big10 out of curiosity about what the fans thought. I adopted NU as a second favorite because of the fanbase, but they have been hard to watch invent new ways to lose. Now that Michigan is the new villain I need to own it. It seems like most people view the sign stealing as man slaughter, to me its more of a speeding ticket, but I guess we will see what the NCAA thinks....eventually. 

15 hours ago, jaws said:

I haven't been on here for a bit but congrats on the win @nic.

I think Day's biggest regret will be picking the wrong QB and going with McCord over McCarthy in the recruiting process. I think Covid really messed up QB evaluations and roster management. 

It’s only McCord’s first year as a starter. And JJs 2nd. JJ was a bit nervous last year. I think what helped Michigan was the past few years was getting rid of Don Brown and John Harbaugh sending young future NFL DCs to his brother. 
This quote from Marvin Harrison says a lot about how Minter prepares. I think the coverage schemes caught McCord off guard  too.

“I don’t know if I’ve gotten doubled more in a game than today,” Harrison said. “The safety help they had over top or inside — I’ve never seen anything like it until today. The bracket coverage in the red zone that we got, we got doubled a lot more today than I ever have before.”

now I get to look forward to losing in the post season per usual. :)

7 hours ago, nic said:

It’s only McCord’s first year as a starter. And JJs 2nd. JJ was a bit nervous last year. I think what helped Michigan was the past few years was getting rid of Don Brown and John Harbaugh sending young future NFL DCs to his brother. 
This quote from Marvin Harrison says a lot about how Minter prepares. I think the coverage schemes caught McCord off guard  too.

“I don’t know if I’ve gotten doubled more in a game than today,” Harrison said. “The safety help they had over top or inside — I’ve never seen anything like it until today. The bracket coverage in the red zone that we got, we got doubled a lot more today than I ever have before.”

now I get to look forward to losing in the post season per usual. :)

That is why Emeka Egbuka was so important in the game. He should have gone off with all the attention Harrison was getting but he hasn't been the same since he got hurt earlier in the season. Day needs to shake up the coaching staff a bit and delegate responsibility more. 

It will be funny when the commissioner has to hand the trophy over to Harbaugh after the championship game. 

Tough loss, but Ohio State has spoken up...

"First of all, we have a mutual agreement with the Conference.  The B1G is Ohio State, and nobody else.  That's why we have been undefeated.  And so far they are letting us down.  Michigan did not beat us, again.  I repeat, Michigan did not beat us.  They cheat"

OIP.1LqcD9uQPx-MznzzougcZAHaFc?w=201&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

"The Private Investigators told us that Michigan watched us in the Huddle.  Yes, during the game.  We believe they are reading lips"

OIP.BYukMuH-tyrq0DR4-10V6wHaEK?w=292&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

"Yes double coverage is illegal.  You can't do that against us"

OIF.bbM2kMKpO2IM6BnFE7l0Ig?w=303&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

"The only thing left to do now... on behalf of Ohio State and the entire board of the Big Ten Conference, I've asked our Private Investigation team to hire Tony Knuckles and Jimmy Fats....to kill them.  Because we are Ohio State, and Michigan is bad for the Big Ten"

OIF.pCKQ8YBFF9Y31hIK1vz5cw?w=297&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

"Yeah it's drastic, but other than beating them, I mean, there is nothing else we can do"

th?id=OIF.Y3xgie0DKnMm%2b1mduFzMcA&w=304&h=175&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

:)

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1