SIGNED: OG Nick Ash

visit went great. got a chance to sit down with SC coach, check out the academic advisors, and with Matt Slauson.

lists NU ahead of everyone in his top 5.

i bet he is "N", just a matter of time before he announces

You called it.

even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time

;)

From Husker Journal. Nice article.

JULY 25, 2008. PREP STAR

NICK ASH, OL, 6-5, 260, 5.3, KELLER, TEXAS

“I’m glad it’s over.” said Ash in reference to committing to Nebraska, “I called Barney Cotton and told him that I’m going to Nebraska he was excited and said I made a good choice.”

“I like Nebraska’s tradition, the fan base. More than 80,000 went to their (Nebraska) spring game. Nebraska is linemen U.” said Ash

“We (family) just visited Nebraska again last week. This time we spent the time looking at academics. During the spring game visit we didn’t see that part.” he said

“I talked to Carl Pelini my primary recruiter and he was excited too. I met Carl at Nebraska’s spring game and became friends.”

“I met Bo Pelini at the spring game he had a BBQ for the players and I got a chance to sit down and talk to him. Bo is really a nice guy.” he said

“Nebraska coaches told me that they are going hit it running.” said Ash in regards of winning now. “They have good enough players to win now.”

“Nebraska coaches said they like my mobility and the knowledge of the game.” he said, “Barney told me they (Nebraska) want to go back to the old fashion days and have their linemen pull more.”

“I called the schools that offered me and told them my decision. They weren’t mad. They just told me super job, good job things like that.” said Ash

“My dad and I were just talking about when I was young he told me I will probably play football at Nebraska. It’s kind of funny now years later it happen that way.” he said

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...