The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Started playing a game called "Oxygen Not Included" a few days ago. Very addictive and cute and funny and... I'll just post some photos after a short explanation. Your people (Duplicants) wind up underground on a meteor or something, in outerspace. The goal is to survive. There's limited water, limited oxygen, and you have to create food and start your little civilization. Every so often another Duplicant arrives. Each "map" is randomly generated so you can start with different shortages. On the top of the top photo are hamster wheels the Duplicants have to run in to generate electricity until you learn new technology. After that you can power things with coal, natural gas, hydrogen, etc. As long as you can find those things.

oxygennotincluded.jpg

20171012142506_1-noscale.jpg

FLMMe73.jpg

Edited by Moiraine

12 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Started playing a game called "Oxygen Not Included" a few days ago. Very addictive and cute and funny and... I'll just post some photos after a short explanation. Your people (Duplicants) wind up underground on a meteor or something, in outerspace. The goal is to survive. There's limited water, limited oxygen, and you have to create food and start your little civilization. Every so often another Duplicant arrives. Each "map" is randomly generated so you can start with different shortages. On the top of the top photo are hamster wheels the Duplicants have to run in to generate electricity until you learn new technology. After that you can power things with coal, natural gas, hydrogen, etc. As long as you can find those things.

That looks like it's by the developer that made Castle Crashers. 

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

That looks like it's by the developer that made Castle Crashers. 

I just played one of that company's games for the first times a couple months ago. Pit People. It's very good but they hadn't finished the story yet and it was really short. I'm guessing the main game will be things outside of the story.

I've also played a survival game called Rust, so Rust combined with Pit People is probably why they advertised "Don't Starve" to me, and the "Don't Starve" company made "Oxygen Not Included." Good advertising, Steam.

I spent at least an hour today figuring out the least power intensive way to disinfect a pool of water so my duplicates wouldn't die of food poisoning.

Also I learned from reading that a fun way to get an infinite water supply you choose the duplicates who puke when at 100% stress, lock them up alone, then you purify the puke water and put it back into the system. Mmmmm.

11 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I spent at least an hour today figuring out the least power intensive way to disinfect a pool of water so my duplicates wouldn't die of food poisoning.

Also I learned from reading that a fun way to get an infinite water supply you choose the duplicates who puke when at 100% stress, lock them up alone, then you purify the puke water and put it back into the system. Mmmmm.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

13 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Finally decided to try Minecraft. I always thought it looked stupid.

It's super addicting. How do they make me care about making fences for the livestock... OMG BABIES AWW.

Just wait until you get your first portal and explore the Underworld like a bada**. Or figure out potions so you can go scope out the underwater temple and take on the boss down there. 

Or stroll in with your head up your ass I like did and get blown away by Ghasts in mere seconds. :D