Obama to announce Osama is dead

Show me the body, then I'll believe it.

Thats exactly what they are going to do, with DNA identification. Yahoo News

They've confirmed with dental and I imagine DNA as well.

I have no reason not to believe it. We've spent more money on trying to kill him than anything else we've invested in as a country. Lets start bringing some of our boys home, they've earned it.

I don't claim to know a lot about politics, but I fail to see how this will have a profound impact on the state of things. One man goes down, someone else will rise right up, I'm sure they have hierarchies and governing systems in place for such things.

I don't claim to know a lot about politics, but I fail to see how this will have a profound impact on the state of things. One man goes down, someone else will rise right up, I'm sure they have hierarchies and governing systems in place for such things.

It has more to do with morale and ideas. He was a huge symbol.

These people will not stop. I fear retaliation is already in the works so our CIA needs to stay on their toes.

It's more about what he represented than anything else

Not exactly. I took a great class on this issue and terror from one of those 'worthless academics' at the now non AAU institution who was a former captain in the U.S. Navy.

The problem with Al-Qaeda and it's sister network in Somalia Al-Shabaab is that they are decentralized movements. Because of this it makes it very hard to defeat. Sort of like trying to sweep up a bag of sand when it's spread over the entirety of a Walmart parking lot. You can't defeat all of them but you can make sizeable reductions in their numbers and funding.

Without centralization of their network, they cannot project or coordinate attacks. Hence, after 9/11 their funding was frozen and many of their leaders were killed. The problem in today's age though, is that it doesn't take more than a couple people to wreck havoc. However, such events are much less likely.