Total melt down on shaggy bevo

This was priceless....

She went to Baylor right? Clearly she is using her insider knowledge gained from Colt in order to sabotage Texas. Those Baptists are devious.

Well, religious leaders are professional exploiters of the weak & vulnerable-so this may be more dead on than you realize. Think about it.

And your contacts had heard nothing? Interesting. Apparently the incriminating stuff was held close to the vest (pun not intended) until the press started digging.

Which means one of two things:

1.) Gag order so people wouldn't even tell their friends

2.) Nothing actually happened back when my friend worked for Ohio State.

Anything after 2006 I would have received from forums who people claimed they were insiders or who were actually insiders.

I am still under the impression most of the other sports are clean (as can be expected). If not, I am going to be pissed because I should have asked Craft last weekend where to get a good deal on a car.

It will be interesting to see who really did know stuff on the inside. You take a look at Kansas and their recent problems and its usually only a small group of people who are aware of it. Dirty people don't want others to know whats going on. What it says about his friend is that he was a pretty clean guy. Also it looks like most of the stuff is by boosters so usually that's only top brass involved in having conversations about extra benefits. I would guess in this instance 1/2 of it was more of a "player" thing as you usually don't see the AD associated with drug dealers, thugs, etc. I would guess that we find out that the coaches know a lot more than they say they do. I could see top brass knowing about the cars. They always know about the cars.

But its crap like this happening some things very minor (like buying a kid a meal) that get programs into trouble. Fans, friends and boosters need to really need to have limited access to players. Let them have access to coaches and administrators and keep them away from the kids.

In my experience NU does a good job with this. Usually when there is access to players, lots of coaches, media, etc are there as well. Sure I suppose some back alley stuff could always happen but when there is even a suspicion of it the university is usually all over it. Instead they do get boosters with coaches, TO, trainers, etc. I think people just want to feel like they are are part of the program and there are two ways to do it. The kids. . .or the University paid employees. We try to do it with the latter.

Up until December, I thought the same thing about Ohio State.

da skers is something of an honest-to-goodness insider though. Do you have that kind of access to Ohio State or are you just a rabid fan who reads a lot online?

I'm a far cry from an insider. But . . .I know a few. :)

And your contacts had heard nothing? Interesting. Apparently the incriminating stuff was held close to the vest (pun not intended) until the press started digging.

Anything after 2006 I would have received from forums who people claimed they were insiders or who were actually insiders.

I am still under the impression most of the other sports are clean (as can be expected). If not, I am going to be pissed because I should have asked Craft last weekend where to get a good deal on a car.

It will be interesting to see who really did know stuff on the inside. You take a look at Kansas and their recent problems and its usually only a small group of people who are aware of it. Dirty people don't want others to know whats going on. What it says about his friend is that he was a pretty clean guy. Also it looks like most of the stuff is by boosters so usually that's only top brass involved in having conversations about extra benefits. I would guess in this instance 1/2 of it was more of a "player" thing as you usually don't see the AD associated with drug dealers, thugs, etc. I would guess that we find out that the coaches know a lot more than they say they do. I could see top brass knowing about the cars. They always know about the cars.

It isn't hard to check the parking lot for cars. The coaches know what type of background these kids come from.

It isn't hard to check the parking lot for cars. The coaches know what type of background these kids come from.

Or check bank accounts since schools like Ohio State have access to them.

That's where they're going to get LOIC. It's not only whether they did or did not know, it's whether they should have known. The stuff about Pryor they should have known. Not knowing, or knowing and taking no action, is going to screw them.

That's where they're going to get LOIC. It's not only whether they did or did not know, it's whether they should have known. The stuff about Pryor they should have known. Not knowing, or knowing and taking no action, is going to screw them.

Agreed. It won't be pretty. It's bad for OSU and by extension this will hurt the Big Ten. Too bad.

Agreed. It won't be pretty. It's bad for OSU and by extension this will hurt the Big Ten. Too bad.

Maybe. Pac 10 seems to be getting along nicely despite USC's issues. They just signed a MONSTER TV deal, added a new member, championship game and competed for the NC. Had 2 of the top teams in the nation. If anything it's taken the Pac 10 from being entirely centered on the success of USC (sound familiar Big 10?) - to a solid conference with a more distributed, and therefore more valuable, core of success.

Likewise, the SEC wasn't hurt at all by Alabama's discretions in the late 90's, or probation from 2002-2006. Since 2002 the SEC has won 6 of 9 national championships and dominated almost every aspect of college footbal (except maybe graduation rates).

I'm not too worried about the Big10 personally. I think this will be good for the conference in the long run.

I'm not too worried about the Big10 personally. I think this will be good for the conference in the long run.

Agreed. If anything, it opens more Ohio and Michigan recruiting up, which could give Nebraska the foothold needed to compensate for any potential Texas recruiting territory loss (which I don't see happening so far--likely thanks to the BTN).

And the TV deals won't be hurt by this unless there's a TV ban handed down by the NCAA. Even then, it would have to be long term--IIRC, the B1G first-tier rights contract is up after 2014, which means it will likely go to bid in 2013.