Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

6b25724441546cd2934c039b8f426bef.jpeg

Watched the three-part mini series, Hatfields and McCoys. Pretty good, worth watching. About as enjoyable, as say, Hell on Wheels. Makes me wonder how historically accurate it is.

edit: After mulling this over a few days, this really was a good mini-series. Every bit as good as Deadwood I'd say. (And easier to understand what they're saying. lol)

I watched this series also and enjoyed it...I looked up the feud between them and the series was pretty accurate on the details.

• 2 weeks later...

This probably doesn't belong here since I doubt it is on Netflix yet but the movie Rapture-Palooza was very funny. Warning- if you're a believer and are easily offended when religion is poked fun at, you might not want to watch. I believe it's an indie that is currently in theatres. We got it OnDemand on cable. I thought it was worth the $7 and was laughing through most of it. It pushed it right to the limit for me with the sacrelig stuff but I'm not easily offended.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got through watching a movie on encore with Tommy lee Jones that I hadn't heard of before. It's called " The three burials of Melquiades Estrada". Damn good movie, kind of like a "No country for old men" feel. Think it was made in 2006 or so. It's worth a watch!

I just got through watching a movie on encore with Tommy lee Jones that I hadn't heard of before. It's called " The three burials of Melquiades Estrada". Damn good movie, kind of like a "No country for old men" feel. Think it was made in 2006 or so. It's worth a watch!

i agree, definitely worth a watch.

1370746786_1.png

Just watched Happy People, a documentary about trappers in a tiny village of 300 in the middle of Siberia. The village is so isolated they don't have much contact with the outside world for about nine months of the year. They make most of the goods they use by hand. Their craftsmanship and resourcefulness is amazing.

SavingGrace_mai.jpg

Been watching Saving Grace. Oddly, it touches on Christian themes but is rated TV-MA. Proving once again that Christians get neked and have sex too. :lol:

(Actually, the Holly Hunter character--the one getting all drunked up and neked--is not a Christian. Which is the point of the show.)

I'm about halfway through the two season series.

Out of the Wild: Alaska and Out of the Wild: Venezuela. Pretty cool survivalists show. The highlands of Venezuela are probably one of the more amazing places on the planet and Alaska is up there on the list of places to see as well. Kind of a cool show for outdoorsmen like myself who are trapped in the lives of an everyday rat race competitor.

Alternative to Netflix. For FREE!

"30 Full Movies on YouTube That Are Actually Good30 Full Movies on YouTube That Are Actually Good" LINK

Mostly a bunch of B-list movies, but a few good ones including:

Pineapple Express

Revolver

The Gods Must Be Crazy

Spun

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

It Might Get Loud (documentary)

King Corn (documentary)

Restrepo (documentary)

edit: Good point GSG. lol

"30 Full Movies on YouTube That Are Actually Good30 Full Movies on YouTube That Are Actually Good" LINK

Mostly a bunch of B-list movies, including:

Pineapple Express

Revolver

The Gods Must Be Crazy

Spun

King Corn (documentary)

Restrepo (documentary)

B-list?! B-list?!

Mostly a bunch of B-list movies, including:

Pineapple Express

Revolver

The Gods Must Be Crazy

Spun

King Corn (documentary)

Restrepo (documentary)

B-list?! B-list?!

Ha ha! Look at the rest of the list. :lol: