Opinions on the next commit for the huskers

I bet that Hart (TE) commits next. As you say there is a need for TE and he's visiting this weekend and we are his best offer. I was hoping Gerry would of committed right away but understand if he goes through the process. Hopefully he becomes a Husker. I think the Nebraska culture fits him.

It would be nice to get a QB to commit as that gets the ball rolling on other offensive recruits in a lot of cases.

I don't get this line of thinking that we should get someone because we are their best offer. If this were the case, Alabama and LSU would get 40+ commits and all the best players. I very rarely see a kid committing to a school because they were his best offer.

Exactly, kids pick schools more so because of the relationship they have with their recruiter, academics, tradition, weather, and playing time. UCLA pulls in top talent on a regular basis, but they havn't been relevant on the CFB landscape since DeShaun Foster was there they just have location, academics, and coaches that can really recruit.

Well IMO the best offer includes playing at a place with great athletic facilities, great academic support, national exposure, great conference, good coaches, great bowl games, tradition and fan support. That's gotta count for something. Is it automatic no, but lots of kids go with the top programs, it's one of the reasons why they remain top programs.

Hart, Gerry - Those will be our next 2. Gerry will play DB/LB/WR for us, Hart will play TE but could also play DE if needed.

I wouldn't count on Gerry anytime soon, if/when MSU offers then we will have a battle.

Hart, Gerry - Those will be our next 2. Gerry will play DB/LB/WR for us, Hart will play TE but could also play DE if needed.

I wouldn't count on Gerry anytime soon, if/when MSU offers then we will have a battle.

Gerry is one kid I feel the staff needs to get.

You think he is really wanting that MSU offer and that could be one of the reasons he's holding out?

You think he is really wanting that MSU offer and that could be one of the reasons he's holding out?

I wouldnst say he is holding out for them, but he does have legit interest in MSU.