The important people (boosters and regents) have spoken

I still think this is a mistake. But so long as the Athletic Department and the boosters have decided that mediocrity is the path they're happy with, I guess the rest of us are just along for the ride.

The boosters are probably just happy that so many people are sitting at the games now and that makes for a more enjoyable experience for them.

I'm a bit surprised by it honestly, but it appears people who know Bo and the situation better than us, seem to have a good feeling about things. I could say maybe we just have to trust their judgment, but really there is no maybe. These people call the shots and what's done is done. Bo is the HC and we are going to see where this goes again. I hope, for the sake of the program, these people are right.

• Fire 1

I still think this is a mistake. But so long as the Athletic Department and the boosters have decided that mediocrity is the path they're happy with, I guess the rest of us are just along for the ride.

if they are happy that a raging lunatic is roaming the sideline...well......whatever.

• Fire 1

Of course the athletic department and boosters aren't happy with mediocrity. They just think keeping Bo will get us to being better sooner than replacing him. Quotes like this are part of the problem - the Bo-lievers and Bo-leavers have formed these strong opinions about how to proceed and are unwilling to consider other possibilities. For instance, NU might be just as successful replacing Bo as keeping him, in other words we'll succeed either way. OTOH, we might be destined to losing seasons whether we keep Bo or not. Nobody knows.

My question is, "Why not enjoy the ride?" Even if you're staunchly against keeping Bo, I invite you to cheer for him to succeed so that our Huskers can succeed. And I make the same invitation to those in support of Bo, if we end up with a new coach at some point. We aren't politicians - we can have multiple opinions and still enjoy events that we don't agree with their process.

• Fire 3

http://www.omaha.com...iery-head-coach

I'm glad the guys with the big pocket books have more perspective than a lot of people. GBR!

One booster and one regent were quoted. Excellent. I'm glad they're happy with the blowouts, negative attention for our university and the 4 losses every year and never winning anything.

Or maybe they like the good things he has done like Team Jack, graduation rates, clean program, turning the program around after BC, 3 championship appearances, team played with tons of heart and fight during a rough year.

• Fire 5

http://www.omaha.com...iery-head-coach

I'm glad the guys with the big pocket books have more perspective than a lot of people. GBR!

One booster and one regent were quoted. Excellent. I'm glad they're happy with the blowouts, negative attention for our university and the 4 losses every year and never winning anything.

Or maybe they like the good things he has done like Team Jack, graduation rates, clean program, turning the program around after BC, 3 championship appearances, team played with tons of heart and fight during a rough year.

Naw! That can't be it...

The boosters are probably just happy that so many people are sitting at the games now and that makes for a more enjoyable experience for them.

Or not showing up.

Or not showing up.

Next to me I had two Iowa fans. And next to them 5 empty seats. In front of them, one Iowa fan. And 3 empty seats. I guess it's good given the stadium if about 20% obese people who take up 1.5 seats. Maybe we should embrace the positive impact Bo is having on our program.