Who is closer, Nebraska or Miami, to a return to the top of college football?

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bigten&id=107494

Take 1: Mitch Sherman

I'll go with the Huskers, though almost by default as Miami continues to feel its way through the new world order in college football, having lost five games or more in six of the past eight seasons. Sure, Miami uses a proven recruiting formula under Al Golden, but that's the problem. Florida State does it better. And so does half of the SEC.

Some might make similar claims about Nebraska. After all, the Huskers play in the Big Ten, where Ohio State resonates more deeply with recruits, and Penn State has seized momentum in recent months.

At least the Huskers have stability. Say what you want about coach Bo Pelini's lack of championships, but his teams have played in league title games three times in his six years, and he's never won fewer than nine games. Those 9-4 and 10-4 records do little to soothe the feelings of Nebraska fans who long for the glory years, but that era is long gone.

This week, Nebraska can take some solace in knowing that it's closer, by the numbers, to regaining elite status than Miami. And the weak Big Ten, despite conventional logic, might help Nebraska, which has upgraded its talent while others in the conference have not.

A win over Miami would complete an unbeaten nonconference season. Hurdles remain in the league, but for the Huskers, a re-emergence nationally is closer than many envision.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bigten&id=107494

A win over Miami would complete an unbeaten nonconference season. Hurdles remain in the league, but for the Huskers, a re-emergence nationally is closer than many envision.

For us to get even a whisper of attention nationally (the good kind), we'll have to walk out of East Lansing undefeated. Championships will always be the measuring stick, but it would be neat not to have the wind knocked out of our sails early in the season. That's been a recurring theme under Pelini.

And ironically Count has an empty pic of Memorial as his sig

True. But the funny thing is one is during an actual game, the other is during basketball/baseball season, yet the two look very similar.

At first I thought it may have been a spring game pic of theirs or something. Then I remembered that most of their fans just dont care or are already on the team/kicked off the team.

How big is Memorial these days?

91 and change I believe

That's a solid number right there. Wife and I haven't been in a couple years when I think it was still high 80s. She laughed at me for being mad it was bigger than Kyle.

I wish we could be as loud.

A lot of that is probably more to do with the fact that y'alls endzone sections are a shallow bowl. Kyle's are steep...and our loudest section are the students....of which we had 39,000 for Rice and Lamar.

How big is Memorial these days?

91 and change I believe

That's a solid number right there. Wife and I haven't been in a couple years when I think it was still high 80s. She laughed at me for being mad it was bigger than Kyle.

I wish we could be as loud.

A lot of that is probably more to do with the fact that y'alls endzone sections are a shallow bowl. Kyle's are steep...and our loudest section are the students....of which we had 39,000 for Rice and Lamar.

I think the student to fan ratio is much higher at Kyle Field than in Memorial Stadium. That might have something to do with it as well.