Steve Sipple writes out the derpiest derp ever to derp.

NUpolo8

I'm not linking this article. And Sipple should thank me,because other journalists will laugh hysterically at him, and since he holds the same degree from the same school as me I'd rather keep some dignity to it.

Instead, I'll just quote him here.

Imagine focusing on players and not the head coach or the athletic director or the chancellor.

Nebraska defeated Iowa 37-34 in overtime because Pelini's team never considered giving up. The Huskers rallied from 17 points down in the third quarter. It was wild. It was entertaining. It was bizarre. And, yes, it was brutally ugly at times.

But from this day forward, I promise I'm not going to be the wise-guy sports writer who constantly diminishes victories unless they're against a top-25 team.

Pelini's teams can't beat anybody "with a pulse," his critics like to pound down your throat.

I dare someone to tell hard-charging Iowa running back Mark Weisman he doesn't have a pulse. Or maybe that special snarky someone could straddle up to a couple of Iowa's defensive linemen and say the same.

So you freely admit you aren't going to cover the hottest topic in Nebraska right now?

And then you use a tired ass message board argument--THAT IS FLIMSY AND RIDICULOUS ON MESSAGE BOARDS as your nut paragraph in why Bo should stay?

Good freaking God Sipple. We both know you should have been fired for a pretty embarrassing incident in 2001, but this is just flat sh#t writing.

• Fire 7

I'm not linking this article. And Sipple should thank me,because other journalists will laugh hysterically at him, and since he holds the same degree from the same school as me I'd rather keep some dignity to it.

Imagine focusing on players and not the head coach or the athletic director or the chancellor.

Nebraska defeated Iowa 37-34 in overtime because Pelini's team never considered giving up. The Huskers rallied from 17 points down in the third quarter. It was wild. It was entertaining. It was bizarre. And, yes, it was brutally ugly at times.

But from this day forward, I promise I'm not going to be the wise-guy sports writer who constantly diminishes victories unless they're against a top-25 team.

Pelini's teams can't beat anybody "with a pulse," his critics like to pound down your throat.

I dare someone to tell hard-charging Iowa running back Mark Weisman he doesn't have a pulse. Or maybe that special snarky someone could straddle up to a couple of Iowa's defensive linemen and say the same.

So you freely admit you aren't going to cover the hottest topic in Nebraska right now?

And then you use a tired ass message board argument--THAT IS FLIMSY AND RIDICULOUS ON MESSAGE BOARDS as your nut paragraph in why Bo should stay?

Good freaking God Sipple. We both know you should have been fired for a pretty embarrassing incident in 2001, but this is just flat sh#t writing.

That's suck-up Sipple for you. He is slimier than Slick Willy. It's comical that, last week he started showing signs of using rational analysis and suggesting that Bo should go. But after today, he's made the assumption that Bo will be retained, and in order to try to stay on his good side so he will keep access to Bo, he comes out with this garbage piece.

The fact that he is not willing to hold Bo accountable for not beating top-25 teams says a lot about how Sipple's accepted mediocrity with NU football.

i do not think any of us could coach better than bo (i think we could get a lot of coaches who could...), but i do think a few of us might be able to write sports journalism better than him.

I actually think EmeraldIngot, has a great brain for the game...dude, if he gets a shot to develop those skills and a chance to work up the ladder. Would maybe surprise you....

Don't know him personally but his posts, the few he has, are always great football talk.

Well actually, the Huskers really had no choice than to play Huck It and Chuck It and hope something happens. That's the only thing you can try before giving up. Also, as long as Iowa punts the ball out of bounds, DPE can't get the entire team back into the game.

Credit DPE, a lot of hopeful deep routes, a few plays by Ameer, and good ol' Iowa for having no speed, inferior playmakers at the skill position, and an awful coach. Pelini had no hand in the great comeback. Iowa really sucked and the Huskers connected on a few big plays to save the day.

I know Sipple has always dodged the tough questions, often with a "I don't know" or "Someone smarter than me" but this.... Man, it's like someone was picking on his own kid, not making legitimate criticisms of a highly paid man in a high attention job.

And while I can't "straddle up" I do think I could give him a run on being a 'columnist' he's clearly no journalist.

Sipple is a complete joke. Even worse than his Bo nut hugging is the way he vacillated to being critical of Bo after Wisconsin, then presumably got spooked by his own shadow and swung back to Bo nut hugging. This "article" appears to be his thinly veiled apology to Bo. He's not just a delusional Bo apologist, he's also a complete coward.

Were you a Husker polo player?