Things To Do in San Diego . . .

Who better to get advice from in San Diego, than HuskerinSunDiego? I've lived her for 23 glorious years. I want to give you tips on "real" places to go that aren't all commercial (i.e., Sea World, the zoo, Legoland). Here are some really cool places to go to or eat at:

1. Cowles Mountain. Hike to the highest point in the City of San Diego. The view of the entire basin is breath taking. If you have the courage to get up at dawn, it will be something you remember. The trail can be hiked by anyone. Don't have to be in shape. However, it's a good workout if you push yourself. It takes 30-45 minutes to get to the summit. Cowles Mountain is 6.3 miles from the stadium (it's on the corner of Navajo and Golfcrest). For the super athletic, you can hike the back side of Cowles, which has grades of about 15%. Just Google "Cowles Mountain" and you'll be able to find it. The backside entrance is on Barker Way).

2. Torry Pines State Beach. Another great hiking area, just along the beach north of La Jolla. If you get there at dawn, dolphins and seals can be seen in the waves. Another great place for simple hikes, but still good for exercise.

3. Best Family Beach. Coronado State Beach on Coronado Island (about 12 miles from the stadium). Located next to the World Famous Hotel Del Coronado. This beach is almost entirely devoted to families with children. It's a gorgeous beach, as well.

4. Best Singles Beach. Mission Beach next to Belmont Park (about 10 miles from the stadium). It's next to Belmont Park. Complete, 100% singles beach. Don't bring the kids here, as it's a big party beach. If you have kides, take the kids to Coronado State Beach. If you are single, but don't want the whole party scene, Windansea Beach in La Jolla is phenomenal.

5. Best Mexican Food in Town? "My Guadalajara Taco Shop" in Del Cerro (about 3 miles from the stadium). Their breakfast burritos are PHENOMENAL and huge. Also, their salsa is perfect. (Located at 6358 Del Cerro Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92120). If you want the full Mexican experience, then go to Old Town, where they (literally) have about 50 Mexican restraurants. The Best restaurant in Old Town is the Old Town Mexican Cafe. Here's the link to Old Town: http://www.oldtownsandiegoguide.com/

6. Best BBQ in SD. Phil's BBQ. Quite honestly the best BBQ ribs that I have ever eaten. And my relatives are from St. Louis! The place is always packed, but the ribs are from another planet. Three locations (http://www.philsbbq.net/). If you are a total BBQ aficionado, then you have found the holy grail of rib joints.

7. Best Place for Dessert? Peohe's on Coronado Island (http://www.peohes.com/) It's hard to explain just how good their Lava Cake is. It takes a half an hour for them to make it. It is pure, chocolate decadence in the highest order. It doesn't hurt that Peohe's is also on the water with a good view of the ocean.

8. Best Hole-in-the-Wall restaurant. "Gus's Subs and Pizza." (https://plus.google.com/104815319949939546666/about?gl=us&hl=en.) I have searched the world over for the best Filly Cheese steak sandwich. I was in Philadelphia last summer. NOTHING in Philadelphia compares to the Filly cheese steak they make at this joint. I haven't anything else on their menu, but the Filly Cheese steak here is to die for.

9. Best Pizza Place. Pizza is subjective. However, I love all pizza. The best pizza place that I have eaten at in my 23 years in San Diego would be Woodstock's pizza near San Diego state (http://woodstockssd.com/). Great, great pizza.

10. Best Healthy Restaurant. Tender Greens in Point Loma. FABULOUS healthy food (if that's possible!). In a recent poll, diners and food critics both voted Tender Greens as the best place to get a salad in San Diego. It's about 12 miles from the stadium (2400 Historic Decatur Road, San Diego, CA 92106).

Hope this helps. Enjoy your time in San Diego.

• Fire 1

Who better to get advice from in San Diego, than HuskerinSunDiego? I've lived her for 23 glorious years. I want to give you tips on "real" places to go that aren't all commercial (i.e., Sea World, the zoo, Legoland). Here are some really cool places to go to or eat at:

1. Cowles Mountain. Hike to the highest point in the City of San Diego. The view of the entire basin is breath taking. If you have the courage to get up at dawn, it will be something you remember. The trail can be hiked by anyone. Don't have to be in shape. However, it's a good workout if you push yourself. It takes 30-45 minutes to get to the summit. Cowles Mountain is 6.3 miles from the stadium (it's on the corner of Navajo and Golfcrest). For the super athletic, you can hike the back side of Cowles, which has grades of about 15%. Just Google "Cowles Mountain" and you'll be able to find it. The backside entrance is on Barker Way).

2. Torry Pines State Beach. Another great hiking area, just along the beach north of La Jolla. If you get there at dawn, dolphins and seals can be seen in the waves. Another great place for simple hikes, but still good for exercise.

3. Best Family Beach. Coronado State Beach on Coronado Island (about 12 miles from the stadium). Located next to the World Famous Hotel Del Coronado. This beach is almost entirely devoted to families with children. It's a gorgeous beach, as well.

4. Best Singles Beach. Mission Beach next to Belmont Park (about 10 miles from the stadium). It's next to Belmont Park. Complete, 100% singles beach. Don't bring the kids here, as it's a big party beach. If you have kides, take the kids to Coronado State Beach. If you are single, but don't want the whole party scene, Windansea Beach in La Jolla is phenomenal.

5. Best Mexican Food in Town? "My Guadalajara Taco Shop" in Del Cerro (about 3 miles from the stadium). Their breakfast burritos are PHENOMENAL and huge. Also, their salsa is perfect. (Located at 6358 Del Cerro Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92120). If you want the full Mexican experience, then go to Old Town, where they (literally) have about 50 Mexican restraurants. The Best restaurant in Old Town is the Old Town Mexican Cafe. Here's the link to Old Town: http://www.oldtownsandiegoguide.com/

6. Best BBQ in SD. Phil's BBQ. Quite honestly the best BBQ ribs that I have ever eaten. And my relatives are from St. Louis! The place is always packed, but the ribs are from another planet. Three locations (http://www.philsbbq.net/). If you are a total BBQ aficionado, then you have found the holy grail of rib joints.

7. Best Place for Dessert? Peohe's on Coronado Island (

9. Best Pizza Place. Pizza is subjective. However, I love all pizza. The best pizza place that I have eaten at in my 23 years in San Diego would be Woodstock's pizza near San Diego state (http://woodstockssd.com/). Great, great pizza.

10. Best Healthy Restaurant. Tender Greens in Point Loma. FABULOUS healthy food (if that's possible!). In a recent poll, diners and food critics both voted Tender Greens as the best place to get a salad in San Diego. It's about 12 miles from the stadium (2400 Historic Decatur Road, San Diego, CA 92106).

Hope this helps. Enjoy your time in San Diego.

Best singles beach would be Windansea/Little Point/Rock Pile/Marine St. in La Jolla. For something closer to the stadium try Sunset Cliffs below Point Loma Nazarene college. Mission beach is by definition a man-made "commercial" beach. Best burgers would be Hodad's in OB. Take care of the beaches, respect the locals, don't be a dick and you will have an epic time here. Stoked to see you all soon.

Id like to add.

1)drive out to Point Loma. Very beautiful out there. Tide pools and the lighthouse. Views of the city are incredible.

2)gas lamp district. Bars and restaurants galore.

3)USS midway. Give yourself 3 hours.

4)old town. Guadalajara's in old town serves some great Mexican food.

If you find yourself in pacific beach. Eat at Kona's and stop by the Duck Dive. It's a husker watching bar.

• Fire 1

The best Pizza place is Flippi's Pizza Grotto, there is one on Friar's road about 2 miles east of stadium. for a lunch idea try L&L Hawaiian BBQ, there are a few around town, one off Regents Rd in La Jolla is pretty good, parking can be a challenge as the lot is pretty small, probable 10-15 miles from Stadium, the other I know about is in National City on Sweetwater Road right off 805, CVS shopping center. I really miss that place... Both Restaurants are reasonably priced.

Only disclaimer, I have not been to San Diego in about 17 months but I believe both are still there.

The best Pizza place is Flippi's Pizza Grotto, there is one on Friar's road about 2 miles east of stadium. for a lunch idea try L&L Hawaiian BBQ, there are a few around town, one off Regents Rd in La Jolla is pretty good, parking can be a challenge as the lot is pretty small, probable 10-15 miles from Stadium, the other I know about is in National City on Sweetwater Road right off 805, CVS shopping center. I really miss that place... Both Restaurants are reasonably priced.Only disclaimer, I have not been to San Diego in about 17 months but I believe both are still there.

The best pizza in sd is pizza port.

This is not up for debate.

They have amazing beers too.

• Fire 1