GT: Nebraska at Illinois - 9PM - BTN

QcmP3Tu.pngyTluqZt.pngloZKozS.png
March 4, 2015
9pm CT - BTN
State Farm Center - Champaign, IL

Nebraska Cornhuskers 13-15, 5-11 (Last: 81-57 L vs Ohio State)
vs
Illinois Fighting Illini 18-11, 8-8 (Last: 86-60 W vs Northwestern)

Big Ten Standings

1. Wisconsin 14-2, 26-3
  2. Maryland 13-4, 25-5
  3. Purdue 11-5, 19-10
  4. Iowa 11-6, 20-10
  5. Ohio State 10-6, 21-8
  6. Michigan State 10-6, 19-10
  7. Indiana 9-8, 19-11
  8. Illinois 8-8, 18-11
  9. Michigan 7-10, 14-15
  10. Minnesota 6-10, 17-12
  11. Northwestern 6-11, 15-15
  12. Nebraska 5-11, 13-15
  13. Penn State 3-13, 15-14
  14. Rutgers 2-15, 10-20

Head Coaches
Nebraska Tim Miles (330-266, 47-46 at Nebraska)
Illinois John Groce (146-95, 61-39 at Illinois)

Injury Report
Nebraska
No injuries to report

Illinois

G - Aaron Cosby - Suspension - Out indefinitley
G - Tracy Abrams - Knee - Out for season

Scouting Illinois

Illinois is 18-11 on the season and 8-8 in the Big Ten heading into the final week of the season. The Illini are coming off an 86-60 win over Northwestern on Saturday night, a victory which snapped a three-game losing streak. In that game, Illinois went 9-of-16 from 3-point range in the first half in building a 22-point halftime lead. Senior guard Rayvonte Rice led Illinois with 19 points and added seven rebounds to place five players in double figures.

Illinois, which went 20-15 and reached the second round of the NIT last season for third-year coach John Groce, had four returning starters, but have been without senior guard Tracy Abrams, who has missed the entire season following knee surgery. The Illini opened the year with six straight wins, including a 62-54 victory over Baylor in the Las Vegas Invitational, before faltering with three losses in a four-game stretch, including to then-nationally ranked Miami and Villanova. In Big Ten play, Illinois has been streaky over the last month, stringing together four straight wins, including victories over Michigan State and Michigan before a three-game losing streak.
Rice, who missed nine games because of injury and suspension, tops the Illini in both scoring (16.3 ppg) and rebounding (6.6 rpg) and is shooting 46 percent from 3-point range. Illinois has a trio of double-figure scorers in sophomores Malcolm Hill (14.3 ppg) and Kendrick Nunn (11.4 ppg). Both players are shooting over 38 percent from long distance, as the Illini are shooting 37 percent from 3-point range as a team.
  • Fire 1

You know, we could win tonight. Virtually everyone has written off this year's Husker team. And given up on the season. But Miles could still rally the guys for a win. I'm just saying it could happen. You just never know.

As an Illini fan...I don't like this game at all tonight. Let me break it down as only I can

Location: Home court is big for the illini (student appreciation night too so it should be a great turnout for a late game) and of course the Skers suck on the road.

Coaching: Both coaches are horrible at adjustments and neither have a clue what they are doing on offense, both think that they are Kentucky and have yet to realize that most of their players could not get scholarships to ITT.

I see an upset for the Skers tonight as the Illini used up their hot shooting the other game.

NU: 61

Illini: 60

• Fire 1

We've only won one true road game this year (Florida State). We've only been within 10 points of one B1G on the road this year (Maryland) and we needed a great night shooting threes including three of them in the last minute to do that. That Maryland game was also the only game in the last six that we've been within 10 points of anyone, regardless of where the game was played.

I'd love to see us get a win but we're a bad team right now.