Spring Quarterback Competition

With the second group, Bush performed well. He took many more snaps than Fyfe or Darlington, delivered the ball with pace on time, and generally listened to coaching, Riley said.

"There were three or four times, after he ran a play, and I told him 'OK, the next time when you get this play called, this is the procedure you go through,' and it was like clockwork, bang, bang, bang. Every time he went back out there, he heard what I said and then executed and hit it all. That's nice to see.
"Because, ability-wise, he's definitely got it. He's got a beautiful arm, pretty quick delivery — he can probably quicken up a little bit — but the process of playing the position, that's what's going to put guys on the field or keep them off."

OWH

• Fire 2

With the second group, Bush performed well. He took many more snaps than Fyfe or Darlington, delivered the ball with pace on time, and generally listened to coaching, Riley said.

"There were three or four times, after he ran a play, and I told him 'OK, the next time when you get this play called, this is the procedure you go through,' and it was like clockwork, bang, bang, bang. Every time he went back out there, he heard what I said and then executed and hit it all. That's nice to see.
"Because, ability-wise, he's definitely got it. He's got a beautiful arm, pretty quick delivery — he can probably quicken up a little bit — but the process of playing the position, that's what's going to put guys on the field or keep them off."

OWH

This is encouraging to hear about Bush. I also like Riley's detail when he communicates. When you want to know what's going on, it's a lot easier to understand. This is a great example in comparison to "He did some good things".

• Fire 1

Bush is gonna make a run at it dag gummit

This would be great. If he's the best talent we have at quarterback, then he will set himself apart. However, I don't believe for a minute the talk about Riley adjusting to his personnel. It will be who fits Riley's system.....which is a pro style drop back quarterback. I don't think our running game will be as strong under Riley. (But I'm sure Riley "appreciates" the input from Dr Tom anyway......)

• Fire 1

This would be great. If he's the best talent we have at quarterback, then he will set himself apart. However, I don't believe for a minute the talk about Riley adjusting to his personnel. It will be who fits Riley's system.....which is a pro style drop back quarterback. I don't think our running game will be as strong under Riley. (But I'm sure Riley "appreciates" the input from Dr Tom anyway......)

Well If we run a single zone read or a QB draw you Will be wrong

• Fire 1

Awesome. We might have us a good ol' fashioned QB battle. A lot of radio folks said really good things about Bush's abilities last year. If he has taken big steps forward you'd have to think his passing ability alone makes him a legit contender for the job.

Either way, Tommy will be seeing this in practice and hearing about it off the field and that in itself will only make him better. He will either rise to the occasion or be overtaken. May the best man win. If Bush is the real deal, get him on the field ASAP.

• Fire 2

Well If we run a single zone read or a QB draw you Will be wrong

Nice deflection. But it's what I'm referring to with Callahan v.2.