Incoming Freshmen Loving Their New Jerseys

So what the heck is going to happen with Zack Darlington? He's #2 currently. I assume we can't have two guys with the same number on the same side of the ball. OR can we, as long as we manage them not being on the field at the same time?

So what the heck is going to happen with Zack Darlington? He's #2 currently. I assume we can't have two guys with the same number on the same side of the ball. OR can we, as long as we manage them not being on the field at the same time?

You can't have two with the same number on the field at the same time. So it's possible but I'm sure Darlington is switching to some other number.

Settle down. Darlington probably got a new number that isn't on the official roster yet.

You can't have two with the same number on the field at the same time. So it's possible but I'm sure Darlington is switching to some other number.

This shows they have the same number so far.

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&SPID=22&SPSID=4&DB_OEM_ID=100

Same thing with Daishon Neal and #9

Well, not really but Sam Burtch and Tyson BroekeMeier both wear #9.

Also Three #26's (Kicker, WR, LB)

three #27's (Punter/RB/S)

I think the rule is that each segment can have a player with the # and cant be on the official roster. So if they dress both Darlington and Stevenson, i believe one would have a different #.

Not fully sure how it works though.

Apparenlty Burtch and Broekemeier are both #9 which I'd never noticed. Don't think there's a lot of chance for Broekemeier to be on the field.

Darlington was #6 in high school but Bush already has that number. #5, 12, 14, 16 and 18 are all QB-type numbers that are available.