Mavric

***2019 Recruiting***

ScottyIce    1,928

Sounds like there another big boy in SD that already has the local DI offers as well as an Iowa State offer. Minnesota could be offering as soon at this weekend as well.

Looks like a pretty standard offer tweet to me

Kameron Brown tweeted: Thanks to my family, coaches, and teammates for helping me

​He acknowledges that family, coaches, and teammates have helped him--which means he's probably very team oriented and not a me me me type of player.

ScottyIce    1,928

Uh...... Guys...

There is a chance that Gunnel is the Keyshawn of 2015....

Sounds like he might be bringing some elite talent with him from Texas for the game. It's still up in the air though.

Atbone95    1,189

Uh...... Guys...

There is a chance that Gunnel is the Keyshawn of 2015....

Sounds like he might be bringing some elite talent with him from Texas for the game. It's still up in the air though.

Gunnel has family in Norfolk, NE. He's definitely a big target that could do some peer recruiting for us.

ScottyIce    1,928

I'm starting to wonder about QB in 2018... after some of rileys comments about how he likes the size of our QB room. Maybe we aren't interested in taking one this year after we missed on our two big targets... or seems like we missed on mckee anyways...

Warrior10    1,930

I'm starting to wonder about QB in 2018... after some of rileys comments about how he likes the size of our QB room. Maybe we aren't interested in taking one this year after we missed on our two big targets... or seems like we missed on mckee anyways...

I saw a quote from him saying 5 is our ideal number for the QB room. We need to take one this year to continue on that track.

Nebfanatic    1,080

I would think we would be smart to take a QB every cycle. There is concern over transfers at the QB spot, the best way to solve that is keep the talent flowing in.

ScottyIce    1,928

I would think we would be smart to take a QB every cycle. There is concern over transfers at the QB spot, the best way to solve that is keep the talent flowing in.

I agree completely. Just wonder if they are going to dance with wolves, so to speak, on the numbers in this class.

Nebfanatic    1,080

I agree completely. Just wonder if they are going to dance with wolves, so to speak, on the numbers in this class.
if we somehow magically got Gunnell N soon, maybe we would do that but I doubt it imo. But my opinion is worth its weight in dog crap so who knows what we will actually do with the limited numbers in this class

Red Five    3,591

I think that you almost have to take a QB each year, mainly because the rate that QBs transfer at. I mean all it takes is a pre-season transfer plus an injury and you are down to only having a 2 guys in the room. Look at last year, not having a 2016 QB recruit hurt us.

Now, you probably are not going to get a guy as highly rated as Gebbia/POB every year. These HS recruits want to play and play early, so if they see 2 highly ranked young guys on ahead of them they may cross you off the list.

ScottyIce    1,928

I think that you almost have to take a QB each year, mainly because the rate that QBs transfer at. I mean all it takes is a pre-season transfer plus an injury and you are down to only having a 2 guys in the room. Look at last year, not having a 2016 QB recruit hurt us.

Now, you probably are not going to get a guy as highly rated as Gebbia/POB every year. These HS recruits want to play and play early, so if they see 2 highly ranked young guys on ahead of them they may cross you off the list.

Yeah, I do agree.

Just was throwing out the possibility.

Warrior10    1,930

I think it's needs to be somewhere in the every 3 out of 4/5 range. Preferably 4.

Treand3    243

The state of Iowa seems to have some four-star OTs that would be worth looking into:

Ezra MillerTyler Endres

FYI, Miller commited to Iowa Saturday.
Endres probably isn't to far away either

Wouldn't doubt it. Iowa produces a decent amount of D1 OL talent compared to Nebraska.

Warrior10    1,930

Just in case anyone was curious like I was, we have 19 set to graduate for this class. So we are currently sitting at a roughly 19-22 member class.

spurs1990    648

Sure looks like he has quite the catch radius. Wonder what the wingspan on that kid is. Being 6'5 certainly helps with that too.

spurs1990    648

Bet kwill cringes when he sees all those catches this kid let's get into the body. Good frame and potential though!

HuskermanMike    330

Bet kwill cringes when he sees all those catches this kid let's get into the body. Good frame and potential though!

How dare you insult a kid who has great potential and has a passion for Nebraska!!!!!!!

He will make many a catches at Nebraska when he gets that offer!

Oh and he will make them with his hands!

/s

spurs1990    648

Heinrich from Burke got an offer

Think Hickman will follow or is Heinrich that much better? Different positions, I get that but similar frames it seems like.

Warrior10    1,930

Heinrich from Burke got an offer

Think Hickman will follow or is Heinrich that much better? Different positions, I get that but similar frames it seems like.
I haven't seen much of either so I can't provide much insight. Both have D-1 frames, that is for sure.

I have heard we wanted to see Hickman at camp in next couple of weeks.

spurs1990    648

Gunnel would've been huge but there are worse things than going and taking one of the best players from Iowa next class.

Red Five    3,591

Reason #22 why I could never be a college football coach:

Having to depend on the whims of 16 year olds to fill the most important spot on your football team

Nebfanatic    1,080
Not just another '19 QB. This kid is beyond special. Would be the best recruit since Tom Osborne was here if we could land this guy. This is the type of player who could will us to the playoff with an above average but not necessarily elite team. If we have elite talent? Watch out.

I have no clue about our chances here, but this would be a program changer.

spurs1990    648

Don't see an offer for him yet but Tyler Endres is coming for FNL. Looks like a 92 on 247 as an OT but not rated in other spots. From Iowa so may be a tough pull. Especially since he's been on 2-3 visits there. Hopefully seeing the huge turnout for FNL will get us squarely in the mix.

The top three players from Iowa are pretty solid. The top player, an OT, is already an Iowa commit but if we could snag that QB and this kid, that'd be a good haul.