Arkansas looking for a P5 Opponent after being spurned by Michigan

gorp512

Don't know how many are following this story, but Michigan breached their contract with Arkansas to restart their games with Notre Dame in 18/19. The Huskers have an open date in 2019 right now and their "marquee" OOC game those years is against Colorado. I know scheduling two OOC P5 schools is uncommon, but even getting a neutral site game with Arkansas for 2019 could be lucrative. It's not every year that a home and home with an SEC school becomes available. Move Akron or Troy to get this done? Someone will benefit from this, why not NU?

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/why-the-cancellation-of-the-michigan-series-leaves-arkansas-in-a-tough-spot

• Fire 1

One of the media guys (McKewon?) mentioned when this first came up that Nebraska really didn't need to play Colorado four times in seven years (18-19-23-24) and perhaps it should boot Colorado in 18-19 in favor of Arky.

Kind of makes sense, actually.

Totally agree. I understand some fans wanting to rekindle the rivalry with CU, but on the hierarchy of importance in modern college football, the SEC is at the top and Colorado is closer to the bottom. Someone like Oregon will jump on this.

I'd rather they keep CU, add Ark, boot Akron or Troy. CU = Akron in competition level anyway.

Yeah, that would be better in a perfect world.

But that would only leave us with six home games one of those years so I doubt that would even get considered.

Unless CU would come here both years....

One of the media guys (McKewon?) mentioned when this first came up that Nebraska really didn't need to play Colorado four times in seven years (18-19-23-24) and perhaps it should boot Colorado in 18-19 in favor of Arky.

Totally agree. I understand some fans wanting to rekindle the rivalry with CU, but on the hierarchy of importance in modern college football, the SEC is at the top and Colorado is closer to the bottom. Someone like Oregon will jump on this.

What rivalry?

• Fire 2

That would be a cool game but I would not even worry about a neutral site. Try a home and home. Husker fans would flock to Arkansas for a game, I think it is only about 8 hours away or so from the Omaha area (might be wrong but I did not look it up)

6 hours and 20 min from Omaha

Dang...Husker fans would be all over that road trip.

That would be a cool game but I would not even worry about a neutral site. Try a home and home. Husker fans would flock to Arkansas for a game, I think it is only about 8 hours away or so from the Omaha area (might be wrong but I did not look it up)

Right, because all Husker fans live in Omaha.

Right, because all Husker fans live in Omaha.

1194351.jpg

• Fire 1

What rivalry?

Say what you will, in the last 20 years of the Big 8/10, the Nebraska/CU game was generally good TV.

Even when CU came in with a lousy record -- especially when they did -- we had our share of white knuckle games.

Even Bill Callahan's relative thrashing of CU in 2006 when a huge chunk of student fans got kicked out of the game was rivalry material.