Trump and the Press

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It's hard to draw a direct correlation between the attack on the Capital Gazette and Trump.  Apparently the shooter had a previous lawsuit against the paper. It's possible this was a reaction to that situation and had nothing to do with Trump.

Having said that, Trump is pouring gasoline on the press and offering matches to his supporters. 

I don't draw a direct line from Trump as the cause of this.  BUT, it's the attitude he (and others now) have promoted that makes these situations more likely.  

This guy did this because of a lawsuit he had with the paper.  It's very possible that 5 years ago, he wouldn't have done this but, now, he hears Trump constantly attacking the media and it motivates him to take action agains the paper he's already angry at.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't draw a direct line from Trump as the cause of this.

Correct, you didn't, and that's why I purposely didn't quote you when I said that.  I've seen it all over the internet, though, which is why I thought it was worth noting. 

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Some tool replied:

It’s definitely not, but I do feel it’s time the media starts working for the public again opposed to promoting an agenda. Normal people can see how full of themselves the media is.

The combination of Fox News, the internet, and Trump have made morons out of so many. I mean, they probably already were morons, it's just that now they're being used and it's more dangerous.

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....let me get this straight. 

CNN is contacting inside sources to find out information and that is evidence of Fake News?

Interesting. 

People wanted this man to be the new Speaker.

It's going to be awhile before Republicans get the Trump stain out and can field people in important roles that don't make the rest of us want to gag.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....let me get this straight. 

CNN is contacting inside sources to find out information and that is evidence of Fake News?

Interesting. 

Sounds like the kind of thing that a guy who covered up sexual abuse would say.