Trump and the Press

3 hours ago, commando said:

from last night's tRUmp klan rally

I hate to use a Hillary word - but those people looked & acted pretty 'deplorable' to me.   Man that kind of whipped up hatred is a terrible sign of the state of mind the country is in. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, commando said:

I wonder what these people do for a living.  I wonder if any of them are nervous seeing their pathetic behavior on camera?

I'm pretty nervous about even putting a campaign sign in my yard, let alone act like this in public...

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, commando said:

A couple of comments:
I agree 1000% wt Larry Sabato - a very smart guy.  Stephen Miller however was correct on the first statement but by accusing Acosta of a Braveheart act is giving a false equivalency between the 2 and gives Miller 'cover' with his conservative audience.  These guys should have enough integrity to say it straight but they are too weak to get too far from Trump's skirts and stand on their own.  Same reason congressional repubs aren't denouncing Trump as they should - they fear his supporters instead of having the moral fortitude to do the right thing. 

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-maga-rally-cnn-media-hatred-jim-acosta-87aa3a55-46be-4130-b156-f2d081c46184.html

Political analyst Larry Sabato tweeted: "Disgusting, disgraceful, and unworthy of anyone who respects the First Amendment — not to mention basic manners. POTUS and his crew refuse to put a stop to this. Future generations will wonder why we the people let this happen, and there’s no good answer. Mob rule, pure & simple."

Conservative commentator Stephen Miller said: "Trump's rallies are ridiculous & I wish he didn't make the country a part of his personal blowing off steam, but Acosta's Braveheart act is just as equally ridiculous. ... Trump and the media who gave him 5 billion in free advertising to prop him up as a foil for Hillary deserve each other. Simple as that."

4 hours ago, funhusker said:

I wonder what these people do for a living.  I wonder if any of them are nervous seeing their pathetic behavior on camera?

I'm pretty nervous about even putting a campaign sign in my yard, let alone act like this in public...

All this bs in the last two years is exactly why I've put a couple very carefully researched candidate signs in my yard, and have a year round "Hate is Not Welcome Here" sign.   If anybody wants to focus on me because of those things bring it on.

20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

A couple of comments:
I agree 1000% wt Larry Sabato - a very smart guy.  Stephen Miller however was correct on the first statement but by accusing Acosta of a Braveheart act is giving a false equivalency between the 2 and gives Miller 'cover' with his conservative audience.  These guys should have enough integrity to say it straight but they are too weak to get too far from Trump's skirts and stand on their own.  Same reason congressional repubs aren't denouncing Trump as they should - they fear his supporters instead of having the moral fortitude to do the right thing. 

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-maga-rally-cnn-media-hatred-jim-acosta-87aa3a55-46be-4130-b156-f2d081c46184.html

Interesting though that the people they are fearful of are these same tools that are attacking the press.  With chants now, but I have little doubt there will be violence before too long.  It's been revving up for two years.

44 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Interesting though that the people they are fearful of are these same tools that are attacking the press.  With chants now, but I have little doubt there will be violence before too long.  It's been revving up for two years.

Yes, the congressmen who support Trump now will have to face this crowd if they (the congressmen) finally get a spine.  If real charges are made against Trump - are stark decision will need to be made by these guys.  Support Trump and go down with the ship or abandon Trump and face the hard core Trump supporters at a time where it aint going to be pretty.  Better to stand now than be labeled a Benedict Arnold by this group later.