CFP Rankings - Out of the Top 25

And we needed this post for what reason.

To get back to reality

This post aids in that how exactly?

Ummmm, aren't #5 through #25 pretty much irrelevant? Well, except maybe for bragging rights I guess.

Don't be dense NUance! Finishing 25th makes you like WORLDS better than 26th!

• Fire 1

Ummmm, aren't #5 through #25 pretty much irrelevant? Well, except maybe for bragging rights I guess.

For a technical answer #5 through 25 can make the difference between who goes to a NY6 bowl or not. Florida St. hopping Louisville at #12 means they'll end up in the Orange Bowl most likely....despite losing 63-20 and everything...

• Fire 1

For a technical answer #5 through 25 can make the difference between who goes to a NY6 bowl or not. Florida St. hopping Louisville at #12 means they'll end up in the Orange Bowl most likely....despite losing 63-20 and everything...

Everything ranked below #4 is incredibly subjective, superiority is open to debate and nobody will ultimately agree.

To get back to reality

Because we've been overrated since being ranked

To get back to reality

So are most teams that get ranked between 12-25. Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas, Notre Dame, Texas A&M were l ranked pretty highly at one time. Who gives a sh#t unless we are like 1st-6th?

• Fire 1

To get back to reality

So are most teams that get ranked between 12-25. Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas, Notre Dame, Texas A&M were l ranked pretty highly at one time. Who gives a sh#t unless we are like 1st-6th?
Lol chill man it's ok

To get back to reality

Lol chill man it's ok

I am chill. The reality is that the rankings fon't make two squats unless you are in the top 4 before the playoff. The final rankings give a little bump for recruiting and next seasons perception. Honestly, we wi our bowl and finish 10-3 we will probay be 20th or so.

• Fire 1

As much as it hurts me, I have to admit that the committee got it right. There are a number of 8-4 teams that are ranked that can definitely kick our butt. Heck, even Iowa who beat us soundly did not get ranked, which shows you how much the committee thinks of us. After the Wisconsin loss, we barely dropped two spots and remained ranked in the top ten because it was a competitive game. After the Ohio State shellacking, they still kept us ranked only for us to prove to them once and for all that we do not belong in the top 25. I know there are many Koolaid drinkers that think the world hates us but in reality, I would argue that these coaches have pissed away every opportunity that was given to them to show they belong.

I am willing to bet good money that if we played Pittsburgh (ranked #25), they will kick our asses worse than Iowa. These coaches simply can't coach our guys to a high level. They are average coaches and will produce average results. Next season will be more proof.