Coach Mike Riley

Here is a little about this man you may or may not know.

- He prays for wisdom each morning for how to best do his job and handle the challenges that come his way.

- He prays for each coach by name and prays God will help him best serve them.

- He prays for his struggling players by name, and genuinely cares for each situation and also keeps each private. He calls players into his office to check on each and do what he can to help.

- When he recruits players in their homes he often does the dishes for the family, takes out the trash, and clears the table. When the staff ran satelite camps last summer, he was seen pushing trash cans off the field.

- He remembers each recruit and player by name, including their family members.

- He lives in a small condo with his wife and has an extremely humble lifestyle.

- He comes into work extra early and leaves extra late, combing through details in an effort to learn more and improve.

- He is always looking for ways to improve and learn more, often singling out experts and bringing them in.

- He makes the tough choices to fire his close friends if he feels it is best for the team.

- He has no ego and takes advice from others willingly.

- He is recruiting the best class Nebraska has had since Bill Callahan came off of his Super Bowl appearance with the Oakland Raiders and was a hit with recruits.

- In 2015 he rallied a divided team with animosity and lack of buy in to beat the #5 team in the country and to go into defeat a good UCLA team. This year he took a team with a drop off in talent from prior year, and a huge lack of upper classmen at key positions to 9-3. They exceeded expectations in many ways at several positions and in areas where they failed, he made needed staff changes and is targeting necessary players to fill the gap for 2017.

- Since he began with NU, he has taken steps to upgrade recruiting and coaching at the WR, DB, DL, LB, and QB positions. Cav has done a great job building from the bottom up with the OL and the hires of John Parella & Donte Williams seem to be good moves for the school.

• Fire 4

Here is a little about this man you may or may not know.

- he often does the dishes for the family, takes out the trash, and clears the table. he was seen pushing trash cans off the field.

- He lives in a small condo with his wife and has an extremely humble lifestyle.

- He comes into work extra early and leaves extra late, combing through details in an effort to learn more and improve.

- He is always looking for ways to improve and learn more, often singling out experts and bringing them in.

- He makes the tough choices to fire his close friends if he feels it is best for the team.

- He has no ego and takes advice from others willingly.

Now this post is about me!!!

I don't think anybody has seriously argued that he's not an awesome person. He was brought in to win a big ten title, and I don't really see us being any closer to that goal than before he was hired. I'm not saying fire him, he deserves a few more years, but time will tell the quality of the hire. I'm fairly happy with how he's handled his staff, but we'll see how this recruiting cycle closes because he's going to need some of these big names to get through that 2018 schedule successfully imho. Let's be real though, we just went 9-3 again and got blown out twice in conference play, let's not act like we've had this drastic improvement. Hopefully getting more of "his" guys in the program helps the psyche and performance of this team, we shall see.

• Fire 2

I don't think anybody has seriously argued that he's not an awesome person. He was brought in to win a big ten title, and I don't really see us being any closer to that goal than before he was hired. I'm not saying fire him, he deserves a few more years, but time will tell the quality of the hire. I'm fairly happy with how he's handled his staff, but we'll see how this recruiting cycle closes because he's going to need some of these big names to get through that 2018 schedule successfully imho. Let's be real though, we just went 9-3 again and got blown out twice in conference play, let's not act like we've had this drastic improvement. Hopefully getting more of "his" guys in the program helps the psyche and performance of this team, we shall see.

giphy.gif

• Fire 1

I like Mike. I do believe he is a great leader and mentor and a good guy.........and if he doesn't win......LATER!!

That is his job. To win football games. The nice guy stuff is great...when you are winning, and being an a-hole gets swept under the rug....when you are winning.

Bo could've called me a C^#t every day of the year if he was winning championships. He'd still be here. We'd be defending him, like we did after the Ohio State tape.

Mike could negotiate peace in the middle east and if he can't win 10 games every year he is gone.

• Fire 1