Sign in to follow this  
NM11046

Recruiting Tangent Thread - MattyIce Edition

NM11046    1,809

uacnu.gif

Nope. Not in today's environment - I made a new year's resolution to speak up. It's an awareness thing and I was polite.

Nebfanatic    738

uacnu.gif

Nope. Not in today's environment - I made a new year's resolution to speak up. It's an awareness thing and I was polite.

+1

Atbone95    1,150

uacnu.gif

This is Trump's America. If I want to say no homo when talking about recruiting, by JFK I will.

Oade    49

uacnu.gif

Lol, good luck.

Atbone95    1,150

Sorry folks. Just trying to have a little fun.

BACK TO THE RECRUITING

Still think we have the best avatars on the board... is Greg still NSD? You want dibs, good or bad after Sarrell on Saturday?

Football Guy Bob    4,427

Sorry folks. Just trying to have a little fun.

BACK TO THE RECRUITING

Still think we have the best avatars on the board... is Greg still NSD? You want dibs, good or bad after Sarrell on Saturday?
Yeah he's a NSD decision. I'll switch after Sarrell makes his choice. Joe Lewis suits you.

ScottyIce    1,641

https://twitter.com/savageszniv/status/821587939289337856

I'm thinking we have a decent shot here. He's wavering... We got a CB early last month from a national guy who is typically pretty damn accurate.

I had to scroll back up to make sure Matty didn't post this lol

See, I don't really mind a little of this, because it's funny once. But in every thread it gets old. Especially when you were also a guy saying Darnay was in....

The Maudfather    956

I'm thinking we have a decent shot here. He's wavering... We got a CB early last month from a national guy who is typically pretty damn accurate.

See, I don't really mind a little of this, because it's funny once. But in every thread it gets old. Especially when you were also a guy saying Darnay was in....

Hold on, fella. While others may have said that they felt Darnay was N, it's safe to say that nobody took it to the extent that you did. When you make bold and reckless predictions while referring to yourself in the third person via a douchey nickname like, "We will know soon boys. Hope those that have followed the iceman are ready for operation celebrate." and you swing and miss...you should expect to be endlessly ridiculed, especially when you continue to post in recruiting threads, as if you have some sort of inside information (other than a paid sub to a recruiting service that any shtick can purchase).

Nebfanatic    738

Hold on, fella. While others may have said that they felt Darnay was N, it's safe to say that nobody took it to the extent that you did. When you make bold and reckless predictions while referring to yourself in the third person via a douchey nickname like, "We will know soon boys. Hope those that have followed the iceman are ready for operation celebrate." and you swing and miss...you should expect to be endlessly ridiculed, especially when you continue to post in recruiting threads, as if you have some sort of inside information (other than a paid sub to a recruiting service that any shtick can purchase).
to be fair broganraynik was actually pretty out there about Holmes being in as well so I sympathize with Matty here

Huskinator    217

I agree. Take the jokes like a man and don't whine. This is all in fun but you did ask for it all.

ScottyIce    1,641

Nice to meet you. Is this your first post!? I totally get the ridicule. Just would prefer it doesn't take over the recruiting thread.

Edison's Enemy    417

to be fair broganraynik was actually pretty out there about Holmes being in as well so I sympathize with Matty here

I was. My post was more in reference to Matty's optimism. It seems like everyone is so ebb and flow with each recruit we get or don't get. Jamire spurns us, everyone is down in the dumps and our class is going to suck. Tyjon picks us, we're getting a top 15 class.

To be fair, there have been others who have remained steady, but Matty has stayed true to his optimism. It's not in an annoyingly tinfoil way like a certain other rose colored glasses "everyone of our prospect is going to be an all-American at NU" dude.

Call it blind optimism, call it hope, call it crazy... I call it refreshing. No ill intent meant, Matty. I can definitely see how it came across that way though. Like you said, I was saying Darnay was in myself.

On the topic:

If we can land Blades, DWill is straight fire. With the Dub Brothers, we will be seeing a lot of talent coming to Lincoln.

Oade    49

"Endless ridicule" is a bit much, no?

Staying positive and "predicting" a recruits final decision to be NU (something we all would've loved), is hardly grounds for "endless ridicule.".... Beyond maybe a random joke or two, any ridicule should all be kept inside the thread of said "prediction". Having the jokes and ridicule spill over into other threads, two weeks later, and seemingly without end, is more annoying than someone predicting that a recruit will pick NU.

BigRedBuster    7,292

I agree. Take the jokes like a man and don't whine. This is all in fun but you did ask for it all.

no, the Matty jokes are getting old with more people than just Matty.

MattyIce needs to be held accountable. There is a difference between optimism, and blindly guaranteeing commitments. or citing a "very trusted source." or referring to yourself as some recruiting guru that is well connected. None of these were true. Matty is the little boy that cried wolf and always will be.

I (we) come on here for actual insights, not just blind guarantees.

Redux    5,053

MattyIce needs to be held accountable. There is a difference between optimism, and blindly guaranteeing commitments. or citing a "very trusted source." or referring to yourself as some recruiting guru that is well connected. None of these were true. Matty is the little boy that cried wolf and always will be.

Or, he found some info not everyone had access to abd shared it. Then tried to spread some optimism. Now everyone is blaming him for Darnay not choosing us because that's what people do.

Or, he found some info not everyone had access to abd shared it. Then tried to spread some optimism. Now everyone is blaming him for Darnay not choosing us because that's what people do.

No one is blaming him for Darnay committing elsewhere, that would be ridiculous.

However, his commit guarantee and the whole song and dance of trying to sound like an insider, looks even more ridiculous now. Darnay had us as a distant 4th, and only had the hat there out of respect to the staff and his Calabass teammates. I am all for optimism, but that performance was a joke. And if everyone were to come on here and act like Matty, spouting off fake information, and claiming fake inside sources, the quality of this board would be severely damaged.

MLB 51    892

No one is blaming him for Darnay committing elsewhere, that would be ridiculous.

However, his commit guarantee and the whole song and dance of trying to sound like an insider, looks even more ridiculous now. Darnay had us as a distant 4th, and only had the hat there out of respect to the staff and his Calabass teammates. I am all for optimism, but that performance was a joke. And if everyone were to come on here and act like Matty, spouting off fake information, and claiming fake inside sources, the quality of this board would be severely damaged.

16fe2955306a01f3240fc9a7a9565472dd6fc06c

GBRFAN    391

Why don't we start a MattyIce thread so you guys can make your point and the players can keep their threads about their recruitment.

Getting off topic is fine for a couple post in a couple threads however there is no reason for this to go all out.

ScottyIce    1,641

What'd I miss? It's f'ing hard tracking my name through 18 recruiting profiles.... sorry to those of you who are trying to actually read about recruits... just never forget, I'm the bad guy.

Huskers44    86

What'd I miss? It's f'ing hard tracking my name through 18 recruiting profiles.... sorry to those of you who are trying to actually read about recruits... just never forget, I'm the bad guy.

Leave the guy alone. I'm almost positive he stated in my opinion when speaking of darnay. Plus when he said we were back in it when we were out of it he wasn't wrong. Hopefully the mods will remove all these ridiculous comments of the recruits. Jeesh let's get back to some news.

BigRedBuster    7,292

Did you lose money on the deal or something? Good friggen lord, it's an Internet message board.

Nobody needs to be held accountable for being wrong.

Get over yourself.

I posted a few days before he committed that their was no way Lindsey was coming here.

So what? You need to be an Internet tough guy with everyone that's wrong?

Rike Miley    1,920

Did you lose money on the deal or something? Good friggen lord, it's an Internet message board.

Nobody needs to be held accountable for being wrong.

Get over yourself.

I posted a few days before he committed that their was no way Lindsey was coming here.

So what? You need to be an Internet tough guy with everyone that's wrong?

I prefer internet genius

Man I miss bshirt haha

MLB 51    892

This is why people continue to give you sh#t. Stop playing the victim and just take it in stride. Eventually they'll get tired and move on.

ScottyIce    1,641

We could potentially be seeing some CB's our way soon

What happened that makes you think that?

That's between his wife and said recruit... she is a "booster"

Redux    5,053

I responded to DefensiveLineU in the 2017 recruiting thread if he wants to continue discussing it there.

Oade    49

This is why people continue to give you sh#t. Stop playing the victim and just take it in stride. Eventually they'll get tired and move on.

No actually its not his fault that other people haven't moved on two weeks later, and choose to continue to bring it up in every single thread. Its a two way street. Take it somewhere else.

ScottyIce    1,641

Don't know details, just hearing our chances are getting better.

You know, from his wife.

Redux    5,053

You know, from his wife.

Matty is too modest to admit it was his wife...

PaulCrewe    1,716

No actually its not his fault that other people haven't moved on two weeks later, and choose to continue to bring it up in every single thread. Its a two way street. Take it somewhere else.

You're newer so soon you'll learn these things usually have statute of limitations for up to five years

B.B. Hemingway    1,463

You're newer so soon you'll learn these things usually have statute of limitations for up to five years

Hedley could attest to this...

Hedley Lamarr    2,055

The good ol days

B.B. Hemingway    1,463

The good ol days

See.....

You know, from his wife.

I must be too new to get this joke.

Atbone95    1,150

You know, from his wife.

Matty is like 14, everyone knows that