Bob Stoops Retiring

Wow

Some are saying health issues (heart) and others are speculating of how he handled the Joe Mixon ordeal.

Either way Bob was a class act and a hell of a coach. I'd take him at Nebraska any day of the week

He probably would have been here had it not been for a certain retiring HC getting to pick his successor.
Really?

I've heard of Alvarez wanting the job. Didn't know Stoops could've been here instead of Solich

Wow

Some are saying health issues (heart) and others are speculating of how he handled the Joe Mixon ordeal.

Either way Bob was a class act and a hell of a coach. I'd take him at Nebraska any day of the week

He probably would have been here had it not been for a certain retiring HC getting to pick his successor.

Bill Byrne wanted to hire Mack Brown.

Wow

Really?

I've heard of Alvarez wanting the job. Didn't know Stoops could've been here instead of Solich

It is widely well known that Bill Byrne was targeting up and coming Florida DC Bob Stoops when TO was set to retire.

But TO got his way to hand the reigns to Solich instead.

Wow

Really?

It is widely well known that Bill Byrne was targeting up and coming Florida DC Bob Stoops when TO was set to retire.

But TO got his way to hand the reigns to Solich instead.

Bill Byrne wanted Mack Brown, who was at North Carolina at the time.

Wow

Bill Byrne wanted Stoops. I believe Shatel even wrote an article about it way back

Wow

Bill Byrne wanted Stoops. I believe Shatel even wrote an article about it way back

I always heard more rumors of Byrne wanting Brown.

I think that is probably true. He is super rich...why put up with it anymore? The complaining of fans and the recruiting trips (if he does them a lot, I don't know) but still...Go enjoy life. Do some pregame shows if you are bored.

It also has to do with wanting a fresh start sometimes. He was kind of the last of a breed of coaches that sticks around at one school for 15+ years.

I think that is probably true. He is super rich...why put up with it anymore? The complaining of fans and the recruiting trips (if he does them a lot, I don't know) but still...Go enjoy life. Do some pregame shows if you are bored.

OU fans have been dissatisfied with Stoops because he only won 1 national championship. I am sure he was thinking "I don't need to put up with this crap, I can go enjoy life."

OU fans have been dissatisfied with Stoops because he only won 1 national championship. I am sure he was thinking "I don't need to put up with this crap, I can go enjoy life."

" and not have to answer questions about conference #$%&ing realignment. "

• Fire 1

" and not have to answer questions about conference #$%&ing realignment. "

Or how he let players back on the field after they knock out women in restaraunts

• Fire 1

Wow

Perhaps there was some interest in him but Texas hired Brown at least a full week before TO announced his retirement

Wow

Perhaps there was some interest in him but Texas hired Brown at least a full week before TO announced his retirement

But, TO had probably told Byrne that he was retiring (before the official announcement) and that Solich had been promised the job.