Bob Stoops Retiring

Will be interesting to see how this impacts the BigXII til their GOR expires.

Will OU remain a top national team? Might OSU take their place? Might this vault UT back to national prominence? Might it become it UT and the nine dwarfs?

Let's see, TCU hasn't been able to maintain its level of success since joining a decent conference, Baylor blew up, K-State is wondering how long Snyder's life support system will hold out, Texas is just looking for its paycheck, and OSU and West Virginia are 'maybe'. Yeah, it's pretty much just OU pulling its weight on the field as of late.

http://amarillo.com/stories/102400/spo_annualagain.shtml#.WThqDmgrK70

October 2000

Stoops on the possibility of resuming an annual game with NU:

"... How they can work it out with the conference to play this game every year, that would probably be pretty difficult, being in different divisions and having a conference championship game.

"You might be able to do it if you did away with the conference championship game. Then there might be the possibility of playing a rival game like this every year. We'll let the conference officials worry about that."

http://www.scout.com/college/oklahoma/story/22206-stoops-on-nebraska

October 2001

Stoops on resuming an annual game with NU:

I don't know how you could unless you want to change the league and how you play the games. I don't know how the setup would work. There's no sense in me even worrying about it.

http://pigskinhistory.blogspot.com/2010/07/abandoned-rivalries-ou-nebraska.html

July 2010

"Yes, we'll stick them in between Cincinnati and Florida State! If we had a non-conference schedule like a lot of other teams, it would be awesome. But we don't. Something's got to change. If they're willing to do it, we'll have to make some serious adjustments in our schedule."

Didn't stop Ohio State and Michigan. Those just sound like "Our schedule is already tol hard, we don't want another potential loss annually." In retrospect, he should have lobbied for it to continue, would have been a pretty lopsided yearly affair.

Paterno retired / expired on his own terms as well - though most people would completelydisapprove of such terms. But, apparently he is the legend once again! Disgusting as I find it to be.
He may have "retired" at the end of the season, but he was relieved of his coaching duties effective immediately by the school during the week that everything broke loose. That's why Tom Bradley was the interim head coach starting the week they faced us. Aka, Paterno was fired
  • Fire 2

Paterno retired / expired on his own terms as well - though most people would completelydisapprove of such terms. But, apparently he is the legend once again! Disgusting as I find it to be.

Joe Paterno was fired

Wrong. Fired.

Stoops owns not one but two houses on the gold coast in Chicago. Rumors already starting Stoops to the bears next year

Barstool showed the house last week and I thought it was really weird he was buying a second home up there. Something seems fishy with the whole thing. The ticket in Dallas didn't know what to make of it.

Stoops owns not one but two houses on the gold coast in Chicago. Rumors already starting Stoops to the bears next year

Barstool showed the house last week and I thought it was really weird he was buying a second home up there. Something seems fishy with the whole thing. The ticket in Dallas didn't know what to make of it.

Are you a P1? I listen to the Ticket all day. It will be interesting to hear what Junes says tomorrow.

http://amarillo.com/stories/102400/spo_annualagain.shtml#.WThqDmgrK70

October 2000

Stoops on the possibility of resuming an annual game with NU:

"... How they can work it out with the conference to play this game every year, that would probably be pretty difficult, being in different divisions and having a conference championship game.

"You might be able to do it if you did away with the conference championship game. Then there might be the possibility of playing a rival game like this every year. We'll let the conference officials worry about that."

http://www.scout.com/college/oklahoma/story/22206-stoops-on-nebraska

October 2001

I don't know how you could unless you want to change the league and how you play the games. I don't know how the setup would work. There's no sense in me even worrying about it.

http://pigskinhistory.blogspot.com/2010/07/abandoned-rivalries-ou-nebraska.html

July 2010

"Yes, we'll stick them in between Cincinnati and Florida State! If we had a non-conference schedule like a lot of other teams, it would be awesome. But we don't. Something's got to change. If they're willing to do it, we'll have to make some serious adjustments in our schedule."

Didn't stop Ohio State and Michigan. Those just sound like "Our schedule is already tol hard, we don't want another potential loss annually." In retrospect, he should have lobbied for it to continue, would have been a pretty lopsided yearly affair.
Pretty much my thoughts, too. He and the OU athletic department dodged the game, and just made excuses about it being too difficult to schedule.