Let's cut to the chase

marko polo

It's the first game. Not answerable.

Last year after 3-5 games (I don't remember) I felt confident that we would not go undefeated. I felt that we had close wins over several so-so teams and that we weren't going to win against all of our B1G opponents.

But 1 game no matter who it's against is not enough to make a conclusion like that about 1 season, let alone multiple seasons into the future.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Let's do this. Let's all vent about how horribly pathetic our husked team is. They won't ever win another game. We should quit football and turn the stadium into a lacrosse field. 

Hyperbole

I did not say we were pathetic there are certain people who refuse to be honest with our stature within the conference

Hell I am still going to cheer like crazy but if becoming relevant again is where you would like us to be then this ship has not and is not going in the right direction

This is not a one game knee jerk

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, marko polo said:

In all honesty now with no spin or bulls$$t do we look like a team that is heading out of the quagmire of mediocrity we have become. A team that has a china mans chance in hell of contending for the league title any time soon.

Now take the blinders off and be HONEST!!!!!!!

After watching the other teams in our division there is absolutely no reason we can't be playing in the CCG this year.  Was this the best game ever? No.  But we won and that's better than the alternative 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It's the first game. Not answerable.

Last year after 3-5 games (I don't remember) I felt confident that we would not go undefeated. I felt that we had close wins over several so-so teams and that we weren't going to win against all of our B1G opponents.

But 1 game no matter who it's against is not enough to make a conclusion like that about 1 season, let alone multiple seasons into the future.

If you honestly thought we were going to go undefeated last yr, then you are either a HUGE homer or don't know jack about football

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, marko polo said:

In all honesty now with no spin or bulls$$t do we look like a team that is heading out of the quagmire of mediocrity we have become. A team that has a china mans chance in hell of contending for the league title any time soon.

Now take the blinders off and be HONEST!!!!!!!

Yeah, I think we do. We appear to have a lot of talented players and I can't believe that Diaco has all of a sudden become the worst DC in college ball. I think they'll look at the film and question why they played so soft. These guys want to win and I think they'll adjust. This is a young team and it will take time for them to take ownership of their positions.

The only question mark to me is the dull coaching. We're not asking them to be flamboyant and take crazy risks but they'd better give up on vanilla.

• Mavric locked this topic