Let's cut to the chase

marko polo

12 minutes ago, marko polo said:

That maybe just maybe the pervasive head stuck in sand or the hey its all good mentality might be honestly evaluated.

Why do you care if other Husker fans you've never met "honestly evaluate" the team (funny how you've already defined for us what the "right" evaluation is).

Maybe you should honestly evaluate how other people are allowed to be fans of a team, even if it means telling themselves the football team is going to go undefeated as long as the football team hasn't lost a game yet. People can enjoy their team however the heck they want.

And yea it does look like you're having a tantrum. Making a new topic about this after all of the other complaining seems pretty tantrumy to me.

• Plus1 3

They've commissioned a study that will give us a more realistic and in-depth look at our strength against better caliber teams.  We'll be able to gauge whether this was a defensive fluke and/or whether the offense looks like a running/throwing machine against a better defense.

It's called the Oregon game!

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Fast Jimmy said:

They've commissioned a study that will give us a more realistic and in-depth look at our strength against better caliber teams.  We'll be able to gauge whether this was a defensive fluke and/or whether the offense looks like a running/throwing machine against a better defense.

It's called the Oregon game!

But but but that's 6 whole days away!

• Plus1 1

39 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Why do you care if other Husker fans you've never met "honestly evaluate" the team (funny how you've already defined for us what the "right" evaluation is).

Maybe you should honestly evaluate how other people are allowed to be fans of a team, even if it means telling themselves the football team is going to go undefeated as long as the football team hasn't lost a game yet. People can enjoy their team however the heck they want.

And yea it does look like you're having a tantrum. Making a new topic about this after all of the other complaining seems pretty tantrumy to me.

Honestly knock yourself out, but then don't respond to critical thought

We came away with a  victory.  According to most that is all this important.   I saw improved QB play, TE play and WR play.  Think Demornay maybe close to his old self.

It was stated somewhere prior to last nights game, that this particular offense would not allow us to show our new defense.  I really do not know what that means.  I expected a more aggressive attack, and possibly we will see that next week.

I had figured the Red Wolves would give us a game.  We seem to pick out one school a year for this to happen.  Possibly not enough attention, due to Oregon next week.  I think it takes more than one game to decide if we have real problems.

When we go on the road and beat Oregon are all the whiners going to come back and gloat about how good we are and that they knew it all along?

Or will they go from "Oregon is going to kill us" to "Oregon has a new coach and only won four games last year; we still suck"?

I'm truly intrigued to find out.

• Plus1 2

First game- thought the offense was good and they will improve.  The right side of the line let too many untouched defenders come through.

I have never been a fan of the 3-4 defense and the game yesterday just reinforced my opinion.  We will not be competitive in the Big 10 if we continue to use it.  I thought the players were good enough for a great season but not if we use the 3-4 defense.  We did not put pressure on QB and gave up far too many 4-5 yard plays throughout the game.  They showed some signs of defending the flat passes late in the game but still gave up too many yards. 

If our defense had this much trouble with Arkansas State, they will get humiliated against Michigan, Wisconsin, and Ohio State.

Next week we will face Oregon and throw the ball a lot.  I can't see us putting a lot of pressure on their passing game.  Our defensive backs may be good but they can't stop the passing game if the QB never gets pressured.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, marko polo said:

In all honesty now with no spin or bulls$$t do we look like a team that is heading out of the quagmire of mediocrity we have become. A team that has a china mans chance in hell of contending for the league title any time soon.

Now take the blinders off and be HONEST!!!!!!!

You ask for honesty and no blinders, yet you make broad definitive declarations after one game? Okay. If you had said this last night I would have written off to too much booze. You have no excuse this afternoon.

• Plus1 2
52 minutes ago, marko polo said:

Honestly knock yourself out, but then don't respond to critical thought

lol.

I wasn't referring to myself, and I didn't see critical thought in the OP. I saw someone wanting people to do more of the same - complain about how awful we are and how we're going to lose all of our games.

17 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

lol.

I wasn't referring to myself, and I didn't see critical thought in the OP. I saw someone wanting people to do more of the same - complain about how awful we are and how we're going to lose all of our games.

....... BUT, it wasn't a tantrum - LOL 

Seems like every other word was hoping for a certain reply - sucks when we don't get our way....

2 hours ago, marko polo said:

In all honesty now with no spin or bulls$$t do we look like a team that is heading out of the quagmire of mediocrity we have become. A team that has a china mans chance in hell of contending for the league title any time soon.

Now take the blinders off and be HONEST!!!!!!!

A friend once told me chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature.  Asian-American, please.

• Plus1 5
  • Mavric locked this topic