Las Vegas mass shooting

1 minute ago, unlfan said:

1) these are White Supremacists, which is an idealogy. I haven't disputed that.

2) While amongst the scum of the earth, these losers haven't killed thousands on American soil this century the way Radical Islam has.

I mean, you overlooked it I guess. You said there is no White ideology that people use to justify homicide.

I didn't mean to completely derail this, but it's worth noting that many terrorist attacks that we label as being "islamic extremeism" aren't actually conducted truly out of religious ideology or in service of Allah, but by people who happen to be muslim who were radicalized because of social pressures like jobs/poverty/america bombing their homes/etc.

2 minutes ago, unlfan said:

No I did't. "White" and "White Supremacists" are two VERY different things.

Hmm. Kinda like Islam and Jihadism? 

• Plus1 1

A guy from the band on stage during the shooting has repented his former stance on guns.

Sadly, I genuinely think it will take someone from every community, every neighborhood being shot before this country, as a whole, wakes up from their collective mania regarding guns. 

Guns are cool, guns are fun.  Guns are not necessary to a civilized society.

• Plus1 2

while driving this morning i had Rush on the radio.   the talk was that this guy was a left wing operative wanting to bring gun control to the forefront and divert from trumps agenda.   that evil left is to blame for this.  and his callers were the people advocating that idea...not rush.  but he didn't contradict them at all.  he was eating that chit up.

i don't know the answer....but aren't fully automatic weapons and large capacity clips already illegal?   if so....i hope whoever sold those items to this guy can be traced down and punished.  if they are not illegal....well....guess it's ok because we're murica!!!!

5 minutes ago, commando said:

i don't know the answer....but aren't fully automatic weapons and large capacity clips already illegal?   if so....i hope whoever sold those items to this guy can be traced down and punished.  if they are not illegal....well....guess it's ok because we're murica!!!!

For ~$400 you can turn your semi-auto rifle into a pretty much full auto by using a bump stock/slide fire kit...which are legal (loopholed).  

6 minutes ago, GM_Tood said:

For ~$400 you can turn your semi-auto rifle into a pretty much full auto by using a bump stock/slide fire kit...which are legal (loopholed).  

what about the large capacity clips?   if the clips only holds 5 shots the shooter spends a lot of time reloading rather than spraying 50 bullets at a time.  maybe it at least holds the death toll down a little.   that seems like a good thing to me but what do i know?  

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Why do people hunt with automatics/semi automatics anyway?

I can understand the attraction of trying to take down a moving object but when you can unload on it how is that a challenge?

when quail hunting a 3 shot clip let's you shoot at more than 1  bird when you flush a covey of them.  and that is only a semi auto.   have to pull the trigger for each shot.   full auto is nearly worthless when trying to hit just 1 target at a time.  full auto is for repelling a mass charge of enemy soldiers....not for hunting.