Big Ten Teams: 2018-2019

Just now, BIG ERN said:

I agree it's our best lineup because we don't have a good center. I'm saying we could be an elite team next year if we could get one 

To at least have the option to play a true center who's not a liability would greatly help this team.  That doesn't mean they can't or won't play small for portions of games.

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

We let almost all opposing Centers have career nights due to our small size. I don't think it would be smart to not shop around for a true big. Not sure there would be enough consistent outside shooting next season 

The problem when we had a more "True" center is they got in to foul trouble quick. Jordy and Duby both struggled with fleet of foot bigs. Ideally we would borrow one of the countless guys that Baylor has: Long armed, can run the floor but ok without being the focal point on offense.

Jordy has looked better offensively but defensively.... yuck.

We would be better to roll with:

Watson/Allen/Palmer/Roby/Copeland

No way we can find a true 5 to come in and actually start. Our best chance is to find another Duby like player.

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

The problem when we had a more "True" center is they got in to foul trouble quick. Jordy and Duby both struggled with fleet of foot bigs. Ideally we would borrow one of the countless guys that Baylor has: Long armed, can run the floor but ok without being the focal point on offense.

Jordy has looked better offensively but defensively.... yuck.

We would be better to roll with:

Watson/Allen/Palmer/Roby/Copeland

No way we can find a true 5 to come in and actually start. Our best chance is to find another Duby like player.

Jordy has started this year and is avg 4pts 5 reb - not a stretch to think you couldn't find someone. I like Allen but don't think he starts at SG next year. Could be wrong we will see 

9 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Jordy has started this year and is avg 4pts 5 reb - not a stretch to think you couldn't find someone. I like Allen but don't think he starts at SG next year. Could be wrong we will see 

Allen is probably more of a 1 than an off-guard but until we see what Xavier can bring to the table I think Watson and Allen will play together.

If Nana stays and can bring anything to the table he should get some minutes at the 2. The little bit I have heard about him isnt overly positive but is mainly Board chatter.

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Allen is probably more of a 1 than an off-guard but until we see what Xavier can bring to the table I think Watson and Allen will play together.

If Nana stays and can bring anything to the table he should get some minutes at the 2. The little bit I have heard about him isnt overly positive but is mainly Board chatter.

Nana has ridiculous hops and is a decent outside shooter (based on what I see in warm ups).  The reason Miles wanted him to redshirt was so he could pick up defensive concepts.  Hopefully a year in the program has helped with that.

5 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Antun Maricevic he’s from Croatia and is currently playing for Casper as a JUCO. Would have a few years of eligibility left. Saw on another recruiting page he is waiting till after the JUCO season is over to deal w recruiting. He’s 6’10” ish n looks like a bully in the post, a lot to like about his game 

5 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Who? I'm not seeing any offers to anyone from Casper College. 

He looks pretty interesting to me. I hope we get him. 

5 minutes ago, MileHighHusker said:

Did Nana redshirt this year? didnt know we had any this year.

He didn't, but Miles wanted him to.  Miles wanted Nana & Thor to both redshirt, but left it up to them.  They have combined to play about 40 minutes.  They both wasted a year of eligibility.

Was a total waste, their decisions made no sense at all at the time to not redshirt with 2 seniors and a high rated prospect in Allen ahead of them. I may be wrong but couldn’t they still have practiced and been at games if they redshirted? Turns out at the end of the year it makes even less sense n looks more foolish on their parts.  Only way it ends up bein good for them is if they were to transfer so they could then redshirt without loosing eligibility but again how many power 5 schools have 35 mins of 2 gaurd play open next year? 

8 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Was a total waste, their decisions made no sense at all at the time to not redshirt with 2 seniors and a high rated prospect in Allen ahead of them. I may be wrong but couldn’t they still have practiced and been at games if they redshirted? Turns out at the end of the year it makes even less sense n looks more foolish on their parts.  Only way it ends up bein good for them is if they were to transfer so they could then redshirt without loosing eligibility but again how many power 5 schools have 35 mins of 2 gaurd play open next year? 

The could have practiced and gone to the games (both home & away). 

2 hours ago, TimmyBoy said:

We have any current transfers sitting out this year for 2018-19? Seems to be good team chemistry this year which makes me hopeful that most will stay.

We do not have any transfers sitting out this year.  The only player who sat out this year was walk on Justin Costello - he redshirted.

• 3 weeks later...