Jump to content
JJ Husker

Locks of the Weak; 2018 edition

Recommended Posts

 rules are; Every week pick 3 college games against the Vegas line. Point spread or over/unders. All bets are pretend $110/$100. Then post your cumulative record and running dollar total with your next weeks picks. The winner will receive what is behind door number 3.

 

If you don’t beat out @teachercd you should never ever ever gamble with real money. :P

 

Edit- We’ll just track our W-L-P record and forego tracking the fictitious money.

For reference, Here is last season’s Locks of the Weak thread 

 

 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty much putting my bookies kids through HS...and college and I swear one might be in Med school.

 

My picks

 

Huskers -24 (Lame, I have it at -20 a month ago)

OSU- 38 vs the beav

Husker Overs 54

 

Mark it down and lock it up

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You sonofa....  :D  Those are the exact same 3 I was going with. I’ll change 1 of them but I’m all over the Huskers and over.

 

Nebraska -24

Nebraska/Akron Over 54

Colorado -7.5 (CSU)

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm way late, but don't care, as I now have the money in my account.

 

-24.5 UCF

-21 Minnesota

S/U Northwestern

 

Hit that parlay last night baby!

To top it off I went individually S/U Northwestern as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I'm way late, but don't care, as I now have the money in my account.

 

-24.5 UCF

-21 Minnesota

S/U Northwestern

 

Hit that parlay last night baby!

To top it off I went individually S/U Northwestern as well.

Nice!

 

And NU is now at -26...good gravy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Hahaha, I just noticed that it's "Locks of the Weak"

Well, only the "weak" would post their lock picks AFTER the games are decided and over :lol:

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

this is frustrating because my biggest play of the week already happened: Tulane +7

 

Oklahoma/FAU over 72

Houston -26 @ Rice

UMass +17.5 @ BC

You can still have Tulane...I don't think anyone will get mad...

 

 

 

Or will we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You can still have Tulane...I don't think anyone will get mad...

 

 

 

Or will we?

Awesome. I've edited the post. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish I would've seen this earlier as I already hit UCF -23.5 and NW +1

 

Gimme...

 

OU -20.5

UNLV +26

Navy/Hawaii O 62.5

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official Picks

Washington State/Wyoming Over 45

Troy +10

Michigan +1

 

Others Considered

Northern Illinois +10

West Virginia -9.5

Alabama -24

Hawai'i +10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

S/U Parlay

Duke

Stanford

Texas

 

$100 to win $60

Also did

Colorado SU

Stanford -14

Wisconsin -36.5

 

Bold move taking Stanford with USC on deck next week.  I think you'll get your money's worth sweating that bad boy out.  BOL with your wagers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

 

Bold move taking Stanford with USC on deck next week.  I think you'll get your money's worth sweating that bad boy out.  BOL with your wagers.

Think Stanford will go vanilla?

Or are you talking the spread one? The ones with lines I only put 5$ on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Think Stanford will go vanilla?

Or are you talking the spread one? The ones with lines I only put 5$ on

 

Yeah, I think Stanford goes a little vanilla this week.  Plus, San Diego State is pretty salty, if I got Stanford at -13.5 I'd obviously like it a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mavric said:

Official Picks

Washington State/Wyoming Over 45

Troy +10

Michigan +1

 

Others Considered

Northern Illinois +10

West Virginia -9.5

Alabama -24

Hawai'i +10

 

Irish gone win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ucla -14.5

Aizona -11.5

Ohio state -39.5

 

Lock it up, give technology a day off, shut the schools down. chuckleshuffle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

 

Yeah, I think Stanford goes a little vanilla this week.  Plus, San Diego State is pretty salty, if I got Stanford at -13.5 I'd obviously like it a bit more.

Ended up golden on that one. WhiskyDick didn’t cover though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 10:01 PM, teachercd said:

I am pretty much putting my bookies kids through HS...and college and I swear one might be in Med school.

 

My picks

 

Huskers -24 (Lame, I have it at -20 a month ago)

OSU- 38 vs the beav

Husker Overs 54

 

Mark it down and lock it up

1-0!

 

On the season...1-0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:05 AM, Red Five said:

Akron/NU U55

BYU/Arizona O60.5

Hawaii +11

 

 

1-1 (technically 2-1 since NU/Akron stayed under 55, right?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2018 at 9:54 PM, admo said:

Ucla -14.5  - LOSS

Aizona -11.5  - LOSS

Ohio state -39.5  - WON (barely)

 

Lock it up, give technology a day off, shut the schools down. chuckleshuffle

 

That was awful.  1-2 after week one.  Checking this weeks matchups...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2018 at 10:18 AM, Mavric said:

Official Picks

Washington State/Wyoming Over 45

Troy +10

Michigan +1

 

Others Considered

Northern Illinois +10

West Virginia -9.5

Alabama -24

Hawai'i +10

 

I seriously have no idea what the deal was on that WSU/Wyo line.  I had to look a couple different places just to make sure it wasn't a typo.  WSU almost went over by themselves.

 

Unfortunately I used up all my luck there.  

 

1-2 officially

3-1 on the others

 

I really need to go back and look at last year.  I think my overall record was decent by the ones I was selecting for my official pics wasn't very good.  Off to the same start this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week 1-0, season 1-0

 

Week 2 picks

Central Michigan -5 (Kansas)

Nebraska -3.5 (CU)

Arkansas -13.5 (CSU)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official Picks

Clemson -12

Arkansas -13.5

Baylor/UTSA Over 50.5
 

Others Considered

South Carolina +10

Florida/Kentucky Over 50

Boise State/UConn Over 64

UCLA/Oklahoma Over 64

Ball State +34.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YTD: 3-0

 

UNLV - 23.5

NU/CU O 62.5 (got it on Tuesday)

Boise State/UConn O 64

 

Other random bets I have in:

 

OU -30

BSU -31.5

Bengals +3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking to bounce back, not so sure it will happen this week though :lol:

 

Week 2 Locks:

Hawaii -17.5

Utah -10

Arkansas -13.5

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 10:46 PM, Mavric said:

Official Picks

Clemson -12

Arkansas -13.5

Baylor/UTSA Over 50.5
 

Others Considered

South Carolina +10

Florida/Kentucky Over 50

Boise State/UConn Over 64

UCLA/Oklahoma Over 64

Ball State +34.5

 

2-4 on officials

6-3 on others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2018 at 6:34 PM, Xmas32 said:

YTD: 3-0

 

UNLV - 23.5

NU/CU O 62.5 (got it on Tuesday)

Boise State/UConn O 64

 

Other random bets I have in:

 

OU -30

BSU -31.5

Bengals +3

 

5-1 and frankly I feel miffed to not be 6-0.  The over was definitely the right side.

 

1-1 on random bets with Cincy pending and I'm tickled to have it at +3 versus +1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2018 at 8:15 AM, teachercd said:

1-0 on the year

 

CU +5

Iowa -3.5

Minny -2.5

 

Mark it down and lock it up.

3-0

 

4-0 on the season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 8:05 PM, JJ Husker said:

Last week 1-0, season 1-0

 

Week 2 picks

Central Michigan -5 (Kansas)

Nebraska -3.5 (CU)

Arkansas -13.5 (CSU)

Well this was a rough weekend. The big 0fer

Can somebody tell me how CSU straight up beat Arkansas? Covering that spread would be one thing but winning? They looked absolutely horrendous against CU and for that matter, KU also. Thought I had a formula to pick against the worst teams. Didn’t work out. Might have to do a little more in depth work next week.

 

0-3 on the week, 1-3 overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2018 at 8:29 AM, admo said:

Looking to bounce back, not so sure it will happen this week though :lol:

 

Week 2 Locks:

Hawaii -17.5 - LOSS

Utah -10 - WON

Arkansas -13.5 - LOSS

 

 

1-2 for the weekend

2-4 for the season

 

This will NOT be a trend (hopefully) :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4-0 on the year...

 

USF -10: L

NU -11.5: L

Miami -10: W

 

Mark it down and lock it up.

 

5-2 on the year.

 

This week

 

Michigan -18.5

UGA - 14.5

Bama -27

 

Mark it down and lock it up.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1-3 on the year

 

Weak 3 Picks.....yes, weak:lol:

Miami -10 (Toledo)

Nebraska -11.5 (Troy)

USC +3.5 (Texas)

 

Going against the T’s this week.

Other considered-

NU/Troy Over 58

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 3 Locks:

 

Boise St/Oklahoma St - 63.5 - OVER

Maryland -16 (Temple)

Missouri -7 (Purdue)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YTD: 5-1

 

Louisville -22.5

UW/Utah U 47.5

Alabama/Ole Miss O 71...my goodness that's a giant number haha.

 

Other bets considered

 

Mizzou -7 (now down to -6...yuck on line movement against me)

Texas/USC U 48 (now down to 47)

NU/Troy U 57.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official Picks

Nebraska -11
Houston -1

USC +3.5

 

Other Games Considered

Clemson/GA Southern OVER 47

Florida State/Syracuse UNDER 68

South Florida -10.5

Missouri -6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2018 at 6:06 PM, Red Five said:

K State +7.5

Wyoming +20

Minn/Fresno O47.5

 

yuck 0-3 for the week. 1-4 on the year.

 

Boise/Ok St O64

ISU +19

SDSU +6

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×