WBB: 2023-24 Season Notes

2 hours ago, HANC said:

I absolutely agree with all of the Clark and Bluder comments. They better enjoy this season bc it will be rough. With that said, to put it bluntly, you CANT blow an 8 pt lead with 2 min left to play. A poor 3 pt shot early in the shot clock directly led to a Clark 3 at the other end.  Eat clock, get it inside, poor execution in the last 9 sec out of timeout and bad decisions late in OT cost us.  Just disappointing!!! But, this team overachieved this year and in the tournament. Future is bright!!

No way i play for OT with the Way Iowa was closing it out.  The play or what ever that was drawn up to finish the 4th was terrible.

• TBH 2
6 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Clark is a piece of work.  Every time she shoots she is asking & complaining about getting fouled!  Lol

That was a horrible play after a time out

She fits in well with this generation. Everyone may hate her but she is a hell of a baller. If she was playing for NU it would be ok lol.

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, GSG said:

If she played for Nebraska I'd have no issues recognizing the high-level of her game while also conceding that she's a douche

Nope, there are coaches that have there teams show more class, like South Carolina.  I would think Nebraska would be one of those teams.  

Don't forget Iowa's coach going ballistic after the loss to us.  

• TBH 2
30 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Nope, there are coaches that have there teams show more class, like South Carolina.  I would think Nebraska would be one of those teams.  

Don't forget Iowa's coach going ballistic after the loss to us.  

it's an Iowa coach thing.  Fran McCaffrey on the men's side is a big whiner too. Players take on the personality of their coaches, so if you have a whiny a-hole as a coach, you get whiny a-holes for players.  Can't wait until next year when Clark is playing in front of basically empty arenas in the WNBA and getting no calls like all the rest of the rookies.

My understanding is that Kirk Ferentz is kind of a d-bag away from a microphone.  

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Think it is the most watched Nebraska basketball game of all time?  Or did some of those NU/KU Saturday afternoon ABC games in the 90s bring in more viewers?

I know we had a lot of eyes watching the year we went undefeated in the regular season only to lose to TAMU in Kansas City.  Not sure if it was more than Sunday though.