WBB: 2023-24 Season Notes

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So who goes deeper into the tournament?

NU Women

NU Men

The men got the more difficult task - Houston in the 2nd round.   I think the Husker Women will make it to the Elite 8.  The men will win the first game ... finally in program history.  

Well, the smart answer would be the women based on what you said.  But, if the men get past aTm, who knows, maybe we get lucky and catch Houston just right.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, the smart answer would be the women based on what you said.  But, if the men get past aTm, who knows, maybe we get lucky and catch Houston just right.

Yes, Houston will be a big test. But the way the guys have been playing anything is possible.  Get hot on the 3 pointers  like we have at several times this year - they could be beatable.   I do think they beat A&M - they have something to prove - to get that first NCAA tourney win. 

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, Houston will be a big test. But the way the guys have been playing anything is possible.  Get hot on the 3 pointers  like we have at several times this year - they could be beatable.   I do think they beat A&M - they have something to prove - to get that first NCAA tourney win. 

Well, we have been here before.  And, in the past, I think the pressure of trying to get that first NCAA tourney win has caused our teams to not play as good as they could....and we lose.

It's also why, I've predicted if we get that first win, we go to the sweet 16.  Because, our team needs to be good enough to get over that mental hump.  Hopefully, Fred is the right coach to keep them focused and playing well.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, we have been here before.  And, in the past, I think the pressure of trying to get that first NCAA tourney win has caused our teams to not play as good as they could....and we lose.

It's also why, I've predicted if we get that first win, we go to the sweet 16.  Because, our team needs to be good enough to get over that mental hump.  Hopefully, Fred is the right coach to keep them focused and playing well.

And then there is the Trev factor playing into this. Man it is hard thinking he is the opposing AD.  But as someone said - they aren't playing Trev.  I think Fred will keep them focused.  They showed some mental toughness this season - Fred's career at Neb was on the line if they didn't play well. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

And then there is the Trev factor playing into this. Man it is hard thinking he is the opposing AD.  But as someone said - they aren't playing Trev.  I think Fred will keep them focused.  They showed some mental toughness this season - Fred's career at Neb was on the line if they didn't play well. 

All depends on if they can shoot.  aTm gives up a lot of 3's, but they are a very good rebounding team.  If we aren't making shots, this isn't a good matchup but I am hopeful!

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

:cry

All Iowa coaches are whiny a-holes.

Husker women had to play 4 days in a row & they aren't complaining.

NC State men had to play 5 days in a row & they don't get a week + off before they start playing NCAA tournament games and they aren't complaining.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...