2023 B1G Media Days - July 26-27

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe only of interest to me, but Fickell essentially confirmed Wisconsin tried to keep Leonhard on as DC (or likely co-DC). Nothing direct obviously, but mentioned that Mike Tressel came in "not exactly knowing what was gonna be his role." Tressel was the DC at Cincy, so Leonhard is the only reason I could see Tressel wouldn't be the obvious DC at Wisconsin. A lot of fans wanted to keep Leonhard on in some capacity but I hadn't heard anything even semi-official on it being offered.

29 minutes ago, Sker fer life said:

Big ten network analyst josh Perry was asked for his bold prediction for the season, he said nebraska will win the west. 

I don't believe it's that far fetched. I'm not going out on that limb because there are certainly some challenges to overcome. For instance, while I'm super big on this defense in the long term, a lot of the guys that need to play well to transform this defense don't have much experience and a lot of the guys at those positions that do have experience may not be quite the right fit for this scheme.

While Nebraska has challenges, the others in the division share much of those. A lot of new coaches and QBs could either level the playing field or give one or more teams a sizeable edge. Northwestern is safe to say likely out of the conversation, but the other 6 teams all can make at least a decent preseason argument for why they could win the division if things if things went well.

• Oh Yeah! 1
35 minutes ago, brophog said:

I don't believe it's that far fetched. I'm not going out on that limb because there are certainly some challenges to overcome. For instance, while I'm super big on this defense in the long term, a lot of the guys that need to play well to transform this defense don't have much experience and a lot of the guys at those positions that do have experience may not be quite the right fit for this scheme.

While Nebraska has challenges, the others in the division share much of those. A lot of new coaches and QBs could either level the playing field or give one or more teams a sizeable edge. Northwestern is safe to say likely out of the conversation, but the other 6 teams all can make at least a decent preseason argument for why they could win the division if things if things went well.

Yep.  It should be a fun year.  Well....it will be fun if Nebraska is still in the mix towards the end of the season.

On 7/12/2023 at 3:23 PM, Toe said:
OT, but speaking of Lucas Oil Stadium, has there been any talk of moving the B1G championship game location after USC and UCLA join?

Well the B10 gets a stiffy over the Rose  Bowl, so.....

• Plus1 1