2023 Fall Camp

41 minutes ago, Mavric said:

From the video:

Sounds like Ervin got some chances to be the first RB out there this week.  He was the first one in the video.

Apparently Kemp gets targeted early and often.

Saw a lot of targets to Kemp in the middle of the field. He will most likely be the possession receiver, with Betts and possibly Fidone the deep threats.  

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Saw a lot of targets to Kemp in the middle of the field. He will most likely be the possession receiver, with Betts and possibly Fidone the deep threats.  

I'm sure he'll get looks everywhere.

But most of the clips in the video were outside.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, M.A. said:

Lateral movement along the line on both sides of the ball to open up spaces and close them is improving! It doesn't take just force, it takes mobility. 

Everyone has strength and nutrition programs now. The game isn't about fighting in a phone booth anymore, it's about angles and spacing.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
1 hour ago, brophog said:

Everyone has strength and nutrition programs now. The game isn't about fighting in a phone booth anymore, it's about angles and spacing.

I am far from a football expert, but I assume that's a big reason why teams have moved to zone blocking schemes in the past 20-30 years.  As everyone has gotten bigger and stronger, the lines couldn't rely on brute strength anymore, so they had to be smarter.  Plus, zone schemes allow offensive linemen to use the d-linemen's initial movement and momentum against the d-linemen, creating creases in the line for the running back to choose.

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, Red Five said:

I think I see an #84. That would be Alex Bullock a Sophomore walk on from Crichton Prep 

"I challenge Alex all the time, like, he's not a walk-on. He's a guy that just came here as a walk-on. He's a starting receiver, I believe."

Quote from Rhule on Bullock in this article 

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/longformarticle/matt-rhule-isaac-gifford-impressing-teddy-prochazka-injury-tommii-hill-turnaround--213733458/#2209350

• Plus1 1

Rhule said the reason he's doing morning practices except an evening practice on Wednesday is to give more recovery time from the Tuesday practice (presumably a heavier-contact practice) and the next one.  And also just to change things up so everyone's routines aren't so "rigid".

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1