Single Digit Numbers

4 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

My only question is do they have to take the number?  If they were like here you are #3 I would say I would like number 8 or I'm sticking with #16

I would imagine the players want to be in the single digits. They are probably voted as a guy who gets a single digit, and then the player chooses which number they want. 

2 minutes ago, JWHusker said:

What are the players that cannot wear single digits going to do? Helmet decal? Jersey patch? Then does the single digit get taken or is it passed along to someone else?

I think the only players who “can’t” wear single digits are offensive linemen.  I also think the single digits are a year by year thing, so a player has to re-earn that number for the next season. 

• TBH 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I would imagine the players want to be in the single digits. They are probably voted as a guy who gets a single digit, and then the player chooses which number they want. 

Read the team voted who should deserve the first round.  Those guys then picked the numbers they wanted.  

I like it.  Got chosen you met "the standard".  Pressure to continually perform and improve.

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/article/nebraska-football-single-digit-jersey-numbers-jeff-sims-billy-kemp-214053004/

• Oh Yeah! 1