Single Digit Numbers

11 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

First 4 players were announced this evening. Awarded to the toughest players, voted by their teammates.

1 - Kemp

2 - Gifford

4 - Reimer

7 -Sims 

Can you please edit this to add the space before Sims? We’re after perfection around these parts. KthxBye

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Single digits, the new non discriminatory blackshirts tradition.

Or if they also continue the blackshirt tradition…..how badass is the guy with a single digit blackshirt? Huh? Huh? Think about that.

I find it alarming the lack of talk about when black shirts will be handed out.  We are into week 2 and I don't think I've seen anyone ask

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

I'll enjoy seeing a number 4 flying around at LB again!

I am curious if any players really don't want the single digit - some guys are really attached to their numbers and have worn the same one since they were kids. I think you  have to recognize what an honor it is and change anyway. But say Buschini earned a single digit number, is he going to change after specifically going with 18 to honor Berringer? Moot point this year because a punter isn't going to get voted one of the "toughest players" (not offense intended to punters, they just don't do a lot of the tough parts of practice), but players wear numbers to honor friends and family a decent amount.

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

I am curious if any players really don't want the single digit - some guys are really attached to their numbers and have worn the same one since they were kids. I think you  have to recognize what an honor it is and change anyway. But say Buschini earned a single digit number, is he going to change after specifically going with 18 to honor Berringer? Moot point this year because a punter isn't going to get voted one of the "toughest players" (not offense intended to punters, they just don't do a lot of the tough parts of practice), but players wear numbers to honor friends and family a decent amount.

Excuse me?  Kicking in the wind might just be the toughest thing anyone does in the sport!  Right @MyBloodIsRed16@Mavric:lol:

• Haha 5
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I don’t think any of the “honored” players would be forced to take a single digit number they didn’t want. Would kind of defeat the purpose.