Why Nebraska will never return to glory

unl7fan

2 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

Don't make incorrect statements then. 12 schools have won national titles since 2000. Should the other  57 Nike schools give up?

Why are all the top recruits going to Nike Schools? Why does Adidas have zero titles with so many schools sponsored? One of which is always top 5 in recruiting (Money reasons) with a championship coach 

8 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Jim Thorpe wore two different shoes.  I think one was Sketcher and the other was ProWing from Paylessf956813aabb9f93903fc8564f9a97134.jpg.

Another reference to the good ol times of the early 1900s? This explains why you are so out of touch with the new age 

Just now, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Aaron Rodgers wears Adidas. I know this because I saw them in numerous replays where he tore his Achilles 

His shoe got caught in the turf, was it an Adidas shoe?

1 hour ago, unl7fan said:

The 1950's? What are we talking about here?

1 hour ago, LennynSquiggy said:

We were never in this bad of situation until Eichhorst torched the program with the hire of Mike Riley.

Second quote is what unl7fan said. (Having a bit of difficulty getting the quotes correct.) I'll see if I can fix this using a second tab opened to Huskerboard.

This is what UNL7fan said:

We were never in this bad of a situation until Eichhorst torched the program with the hire of Mike Riley.

This is how I responded to that.

The 1950's were at least as bad as the situation we had with Riley.

That's what we were talking about.

The 1950's? What are we talking about here?

There, fixed.

Please ignore my previous screwed up post.  :D

On 9/11/2023 at 1:27 PM, unl7fan said:

I was in this forum a year ago saying exactly what would happen with Deion, and it came true in Colorado. But you know, let’s keep doing what we are doing so we get more Jeff Sims 

I would submit that the Dion versus Rhule argument is incongruous simply because there is only one Deon. Deon would never come to an "uncool" place like Nebraska  because it doesn't fit his persona. I'm not judging whether that's correct or not, or even fair or not; but the reality is that  Colorado is a perfect FIT for the elitist bandwaggoners who don't historically have much passion for college football. This hire at Boulder is a rare golden junction of opportunity. There just aren't very many Deons out there.  To roughly quote Bum Phillips, "I don't know if he is the best of all time, but it don't take long to call the roll".  Most believed it would take Coach Rhule a few years to establish his culture and methods and recruits and accepted that over the last 8 months. Now, after two games, a few are suggesting it can't be done. Really?  After two games on the road vs.  2 power 5 opponents? (and leading the nation in turnovers);  I'm more that willing to continue to trust in the process and then see if development can even the field. GBR

• Plus1 1

43 minutes ago, Comish said:

I would submit that the Dion versus Rhule argument is incongruous simply because there is only one Deon. Deon would never come to an "uncool" place like Nebraska  because it doesn't fit his persona. I'm not judging whether that's correct or not, or even fair or not; but the reality is that  Colorado is a perfect FIT for the elitist bandwaggoners who don't historically have much passion for college football. This hire at Boulder is a rare golden junction of opportunity. There just aren't very many Deons out there.  To roughly quote Bum Phillips, "I don't know if he is the best of all time, but it don't take long to call the roll".  Most believed it would take Coach Rhule a few years to establish his culture and methods and recruits and accepted that over the last 8 months. Now, after two games, a few are suggesting it can't be done. Really?  After two games on the road vs.  2 power 5 opponents? (and leading the nation in turnovers);  I'm more that willing to continue to trust in the process and then see if development can even the field. GBR

I believe we would win with both, but with Deion it comes sooner with the risk of him leaving after 2-3 seasons vs taking 2-3 years to possibly turn a program around. Matt Rhule is proven. His offensive staff is not. His QB is not. Love the defensive staff.  I truly believe this program will not return to glory without taking the current blueprint to win titles (Money out the wazoo). We didn’t spend anything compared to top programs this year on staff, recruits, etc

11 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Ask your mom how out of touch I am.

She’s your age. In her 70s

37 minutes ago, El Straino said:

Man, how on earth are we getting all these fantastic volleyball players and recruits when we wear *shudderingadidas...

Volleyball the big bread winner of sports…