ATH J.D. Crisp [Xavier Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

5 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Crisp commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa
    • Minnesota

This poll is closed to new votes

• Mavric changed the title to S J.D. Crisp [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic

I wonder if he's hoping to be a 2 sport athlete? 80 MPH throw speed from 1st is very respectable. 

Perfect Game write up on him:

JD Crisp is a 2024 OF/1B with a 5-10 170 lb. frame from Cypress, TX who attends Cy-Fair. Lean, projectable build. Ran the 60 yard dash in 6.93 seconds. Primary OF whose throws from the grass topped out at 78 mph. He also worked out in the infield at 1B where his throws reached up to 80 mph and he showed smoothness in working around the bag. At the plate he hits from both sides, from the left side he showed a simple and balanced stroke suited for spraying line drives to all fields. The right side he showed some juice to the pull side and has some loft in the bat path. Good student.

edit: I like the last part of the quote above "Good Student"

• Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to ATH J.D. Crisp [Nebraska Commit]
20 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He is planning to play both for Nebraska.

He says he prefers to play wide receiver but is fine with Safety.

Is it possible he's accepting a baseball scholly? I understand he would also count against football once he played, I'm just trying to figure out how we're going to add ~27 new players (+ transfers) without quite a bit more attrition than I'd expect in year 2. Quite possible some of the current commits don't end up here, and "more attrition" is just the norm now - but I kinda thought we were done other than high profile targets like Baker, Brix, and/or Benning.

19 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Is it possible he's accepting a baseball scholly? I understand he would also count against football once he played, I'm just trying to figure out how we're going to add ~27 new players (+ transfers) without quite a bit more attrition than I'd expect in year 2. Quite possible some of the current commits don't end up here, and "more attrition" is just the norm now - but I kinda thought we were done other than high profile targets like Baker, Brix, and/or Benning.

That's a possibility.  And that might also explain why he committed so quickly.  He asked if he could play both and the baseball team agreed to take him with the understanding that he'd go on a football scholarship if that part works out.  So he jumped at the chance to do both.

Of course, baseball scholarships are mostly (all?) partial scholarships.  But maybe that's still his best offer.

• 2 months later...
  • Mavric changed the title to ATH J.D. Crisp
  • Mavric unpinned this topic
  • Mavric changed the title to ATH J.D. Crisp [Xavier Commit]