****Michigan Game Thread****

8 minutes ago, lo country said:

You have always been one of the most optimistic on the board.  Truly. I definitely agree with and applaud your honesty.  NIL and the portal have made developing kids irrelevant.  They wont stay long enough to be "developed".  Prime (a lot of other personal factors assisted) showed how to use the system to reload/rebuild almost immediately.  No way every coach will have the prime factor, but guys can come "close".  One HC (I forgot who) recently said recruits are now demanding fees for official visits.  Adapt or become extinct like the dinosaurs.  

hate to break it to you bro but development is our only path. Kids who are true difference makers aren’t coming to Lincoln when they can go somewhere with much better weather and things to do and make the same money.

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

I can see where you are coming from. He has always defended Frost and Riley (IIRC).  He and I often disagreed, but for the recent coaches he always appeared in their corner.

I despised the Riley hire from the announcement.

The direction of college football now is Sanders.  It's all about recruiting and exposure.

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

I despised the Riley hire from the announcement.

The direction of college football now is Sanders.  It's all about recruiting and exposure.

No it’s not- Deion is a once in a lifetime circumstance that isn’t easily replicable… recruiting and exposure has always been what college football is about, this isn’t new as of 2023

• TBH 2
7 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Rhule makes me miserable.

Enjoy your Saturday night.

Is it the coaching or the lip thing?

In all honesty, it’s crazy how quickly I’ve transitioned against Rhule the last 3 weeks. I went from thinking, I’d rather have Rhule than Sanders in the long-run after the CU loss, to wondering how long we’re going to have to keep him around with his 8 year contract. Rhule needs to find his QB of the future very quickly in the portal or on the high school circuit (I’m not high on the Bell West kid), or he will have a tough time finding success. 

11 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

We need to stay on track and win the games we can win. #2 Michigan  probably took it easy on us. All the crying and negative talk does nothing.

I’m in 100% alignment with this. Rebuilding the program starts with beating teams with the same or less talent than us. The secondary part is competing with the best teams in the conference. Yes, it’s disappointing to be smoked like NU did, but there is a huge talent game between the two programs. The good news is that there aren’t many games (if any) like that the rest of the year. The bad news is that the PAC 12 teams will bring an influx of talent into the conference which NU will need to adjust to. 

• TBH 1

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Is it the coaching or the lip thing?

In all honesty, it’s crazy how quickly I’ve transitioned against Rhule the last 3 weeks. I went from thinking, I’d rather have Rhule than Sanders in the long-run after the CU loss, to wondering how long we’re going to have to keep him around with his 8 year contract. Rhule needs to find his QB of the future very quickly in the portal or on the high school circuit (I’m not high on the Bell West kid), or he will have a tough time finding success. 

What exactly happened the last 3 weeks to change your mind? We beat 2 teams we should’ve and we got destroyed by a team out out of our league.

were you expecting a 3-0 run and win 49-7 every week?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, TheSker said:

NIL and the transfer portal has made the term "transition year" a joke.

Rhule will not get it done at Nebraska.  College football is no longer about development.

Pretty amazing that we're making these assumptions five games into the tenure of a coach who inherited a rough roster and lost five key offensive players in the last couple of months. I think the guy deserves an opportunity to build his program before we start condemning him.

And it's not like we have a choice in the matter anyways. So would you rather be miserable or hopeful? Your prerogative either way.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

What exactly happened the last 3 weeks to change your mind? We beat 2 teams we should’ve and we got destroyed by a team out out of our league.

were you expecting a 3-0 run and win 49-7 every week?

Weird how getting curb stomped and eased up on by Michigan means winning 49-7 every week. Haarberg wouldn’t sniff minutes at a top 25 team. I truly don’t believe Rhule will find success if he doesn’t get his QB following this season. Satterfield and Raiola are both underwhelming. He hired or retained this staff. Aside from the home run hire of White, I’m not impressed with the coaching or adjustments. 

27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

If he's not any good, what's lost if he gets hurt?

What is possibly gained by leaving him out there the entire game when we trailed by 30+? When games are firmly decided, I would much rather have the staff protect our QBs at this stage in the season. 

I think Haarberg is an asset to the team, but I do favor Sims as a starter because he has the ability to create plays for himself. The knock on Sims is obviously the turnovers which is a big deal. However, he is a legitimate home run threat. With our lack of playmakers on offense, Sims adds a dynamic that is a wildcard for opposing defenses and that ability is something HH has not yet mastered.

Just now, Enhance said:

Pretty amazing that we're making these assumptions five games into the tenure of a coach who inherited a rough roster and lost five key offensive players in the last couple of months. I think the guy deserves an opportunity to build his program before we start condemning him.

And it's not like we have a choice in the matter anyways. So would you rather be miserable or hopeful? Your prerogative either way.

Better flip that rough roster.

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Weird how getting curb stomped and eased up on by Michigan means winning 49-7 every week. Haarberg wouldn’t sniff minutes at a top 25 team. I truly don’t believe Rhule will find success if he doesn’t get his QB following this season. Satterfield and Raiola are both underwhelming. He hired or retained this staff. Aside from the home run hire of White, I’m not impressed with the coaching or adjustments. 

You act as if we’ve been a top 25 team until this year. We’re gutter man, lower your expectations; you’ll enjoy your weekends more, I promise 

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Great perspective @Enhance

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

You act as if we’ve been a top 25 team until this year. We’re gutter man, lower your expectations; you’ll enjoy your weekends more, I promise 

Lol trust me, I know we are one of these worst Big 10 teams and nothing I’ve stated would give you that idea.  It’s hilarious how a team with some of the most passionate and loyal fans should have to lower their expectations from winning 25 games over the last 6.5 seasons. I also know we’ve been ranked a grand total of 1 week in that timespan.