The Israel-Hamas War

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

One of those 'Goose meet Gander' situations. 

She’s about as fake as they come. Throwback to when she pretended to breakdown/cry at the border and a photographer just happened to be there. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3
28 minutes ago, Decked said:

She’s about as fake as they come.Throwback to when she had the photo shoot where she pretended to breakdown/cry at the border and a photographer just happened to be there. 

I forgot about that!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ve seen two tweets about this. Let’s see if it goes through. 

Sounds like nothing is secured and Hamas does not want to let go of hostages. Seems pointless.

Here's a good overview of how Biden's beachhead is going to be built.

I don't believe Biden's promise of no boots on the ground. This is going to be a beachhead. There are going to be casualties. I don't see how this doesn't turn into a war zone.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, Gage County said:

Here's a good overview of how Biden's beachhead is going to be built.

I don't believe Biden's promise of no boots on the ground. This is going to be a beachhead. There are going to be casualties. I don't see how this doesn't turn into a war zone.

So, your saying this is going to be used to deploy American soldiers to fight with Israel against Palestinians?  Or, fight with Palestinians against Israel?

It makes no sense to me that Biden has some secret goal to get our soldiers actively involved in this. That’s what you’re implying. 

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, your saying this is going to be used to deploy American soldiers to fight with Israel against Palestinians?  Or, fight with Palestinians against Israel?

It makes no sense to me that Biden has some secret goal to get our soldiers actively involved in this. That’s what you’re implying. 

Sending a modest contingent of armed personnel to protect the deployment of civilian aid is the time-tested, UN-approved international response. If one side attacks them, they lose support from all sides.  

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah, let me clarify. Biden's only secret goal is to get elected. He's losing Muslim voters here in Michigan. He has problems in Minnesota and Georgia too. I doubt Biden does this if it were 8 months after the election rather than 8 months before. He wants to be seen as helping the Palestinians.

The Muslim terrorist groups from Lebanon to Egypt have 10,000s of rockets and drones. They've hit targets over a 100 miles away, Gaza is 25 miles long. Look at the Hezbollah drone attack on our base in Jordan, 3 servicemen killed and 80 injured. I believe the pier will become a honeypot for all these terrorist groups. The Iron Dome protects Israel, not the Mediterranean Sea. Is our military going to shoot down rockets over Gaza? Or Lebanon? Or Syria?

I just don't see how this doesn't become a quagmire.

• Fire 1
  • Worth a Look 2