2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

1 minute ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

So is Casey Thompson in the mix or is that wishful thinking? Very odd to see him come back to visit friends in the middle of December of all the possible times to swing through. 

I don't believe Casey Thompson is in the mix to come back here.  He left bc he got screwed over by the coaches on not being the guaranteed starter for this year when the coaches brought Jeff Sims in to be their guy.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Did he sign with Syracuse?

What’s unlikely, that McCord was trying to get $2M from us?

No, he has not signed anywhere.

Syracuse is the latest "most likely" destination.  But I don't see them ponying up $2M.  So it seems unlikely that he said "I'm not going to Nebraska for less than $2M but I'll go to Syracuse for $1M."

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

So is Casey Thompson in the mix or is that wishful thinking? Very odd to see him come back to visit friends in the middle of December of all the possible times to swing through. 

Silly season. I think.

Who would have guessed with this morning's fireworks that we'd lose two QBs but get a very talented offensive lineman to walk on.

I guess it makes as much sense as that for a former QB in his 217th year of eligibility to come back simply because he was seen playing some ball on campus.

Just now, brophog said:

Silly season. I think.

Who would have guessed with this morning's fireworks that we'd lose two QBs but get a very talented offensive lineman to walk on.

I guess it makes as much sense as that for a former QB in his 217th year of eligibility to come back simply because he was seen playing some ball on campus.

What are you talking about? We only have lost one McCord bc Raiola is still very likely to have been committed here behind the scenes or is going to commit here.  So I don't understand how we lost 2 guys unless your referencing to DK and not Raiola?  And we haven't lost DK yet either.

30 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

And if that was truth that he wanted 2 million to be the qb we should have given that to him.  I love the White Sox's but they hate paying to get talented added to their team and try to go the cheap out which is why they love to lose.  More times then not the teams that spend win.

You need to Google & see what athletes get that kind of money.  Not McCord.  Also

since you him so bad, open your pocket book or just find some realism in your posts. 

9 minutes ago, brophog said:

Silly season. I think.

Could be silly, but very oddly timed visit to Lincoln in the middle of the key transfer window when the school is looking for a short-term QB. 

12 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I don't believe Casey Thompson is in the mix to come back here.  He left bc he got screwed over by the coaches on not being the guaranteed starter for this year when the coaches brought Jeff Sims in to be their guy.

I’m not sure I would agree that he got screwed over exactly. He was coming off another surgery for a team that was 4-8. He stuck it out through the winter and spring practices before deciding to go elsewhere when Sims looked like the clear #1 post-spring. Neither side publicly had anything but positive comments on the other so it’s not too much of a stretch to see mutual interest again. After all, Casey wasn’t raking in $1 million and seemed genuinely enjoy his experience and teammates while here. Seems like a good fit if he’s Interested. 

5 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Could be silly, but very oddly timed visit to Lincoln in the middle of the key transfer window when the school is looking for a short-term QB. 

I’m not sure I would agree that he got screwed over exactly. He was coming off another surgery for a team that was 4-8. He stuck it out through the winter and spring practices before deciding to go elsewhere when Sims looked like the clear #1 post-spring. Neither side publicly had anything but positive comments on the other so it’s not too much of a stretch to see mutual interest again. After all, Casey wasn’t raking in $1 million and seemed genuinely enjoy his experience and teammates while here. Seems like a good fit if he’s Interested. 

When I say got screwed over Im meaning bringing another power 5 former starter to compete for your spot.  It wasn't exactly Casey's fault that he got hurt the o-line didn't do him any favors much of that season.  Yes I understand the coaches concerns with him coming off a injury but if CT is their so called guy then you don't bring another guy in with experience you let him make the mistakes on the field and pull him just like what happened to Sims.  I don't really see the fit with him coming back and probably wanting a starting spot and him potentially having to compete with Riaola who is the number one qb in the nation.

14 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

You need to Google & see what athletes get that kind of money.  Not McCord.  Also

since you him so bad, open your pocket book or just find some realism in your posts. 

Ok Shedeur Sanders 4.8 million, Arch Manning 2.8, Caleb Williams 2.7 million and just because you choose not to believe that Nebraska doesn't have that type of money maybe you should understand the realism that qb's do get that type of money.

5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I don't really see the fit with him coming back and probably wanting a starting spot and him potentially having to compete with Riaola who is the number one qb in the nation.

That's the only part that does make sense. Casey never had that high of draft stock to begin with.  He might as well come back, collect his NIL check from the AARP and pal around with his buds.

30 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

When I say got screwed over Im meaning bringing another power 5 former starter to compete for your spot.  It wasn't exactly Casey's fault that he got hurt the o-line didn't do him any favors much of that season.  Yes I understand the coaches concerns with him coming off a injury but if CT is their so called guy then you don't bring another guy in with experience you let him make the mistakes on the field and pull him just like what happened to Sims.  I don't really see the fit with him coming back and probably wanting a starting spot and him potentially having to compete with Riaola who is the number one qb in the nation.

I gotcha. I can’t fault the coaches for bringing in Sims. The fan base would’ve been complaining had we not brought in a transfer QB last year and Casey got hurt (again). I thought both sides handled the entire situation rather amicably all things considered. Much easier to bring in a talent, matured one-year QB with an extensive injury history and sell the Raiola family on easing into a role. Ideally get a redshirt year while the staff builds an offensive identity and talent around him. Gotta love/hate speculation season