2024 Class and do we keep it...

Question concerning the 2024 class.  Looking at the current QB room, we really don't have one.  With that in mind, what if anything is Rhule telling guys like Nelson, Hall, McMorris....I'm not thinking Kaelin starts as a true fresh, but then again if he can actually hit receivers he is an upgrade at this point.....Would you still come here knowing that we are truly lacking a QB in the "traditional" sense.  Do you start to look elsewhere?  Do other coaches point out this glaring flaw?  What about some of the true freshman?  Do they feel out the portal?  Just some random thoughts on this Sunday.  Hoping Rhule is telling them portal QB is priority #1.

Mods, if this needs to be moved to recruiting feel free.  

3 hours ago, lo country said:

Question concerning the 2024 class.  Looking at the current QB room, we really don't have one.  With that in mind, what if anything is Rhule telling guys like Nelson, Hall, McMorris....I'm not thinking Kaelin starts as a true fresh, but then again if he can actually hit receivers he is an upgrade at this point.....Would you still come here knowing that we are truly lacking a QB in the "traditional" sense.  Do you start to look elsewhere?  Do other coaches point out this glaring flaw?  What about some of the true freshman?  Do they feel out the portal?  Just some random thoughts on this Sunday.  Hoping Rhule is telling them portal QB is priority #1.

Mods, if this needs to be moved to recruiting feel free.  

We 1000% look elsewhere and we tell recruits the position is open for battle, whether thats Kaelin or a transfer guy.  I think Rhule can easily say, "look at where we're trending despite the train wreck at qb".  Its really too bad that Sims has the f'n yips and cant even field simple snaps- if we simply had the Ga tech version with his crappy turnovers we'd most likely be sitting at 7-2, perhaps 6-3, right now and in the drivers seat.

Recruits arent blind and the qb situation isnt new.  If guys are on the fence because of the unknown of the future then they probably arent the builders we want in this program to begin with.  Top notch recruits can hitch their wagon to a solid qb recruit, I really dont think we have to fear our recruits being swayed by a more attractive destination.

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, chamrocck said:

The kid from Liberty was initially on the Tennessee roster and is playing well for Liberty. He is on my radar as think he can get lots of P5 consideration.

Think it's Salter.  60% completion rate so far, 23 TD's to 3 INT's......I know it's not all Satt's issues, but try for Salter and offer Willy Korn (Liberty OC) mad money.  He's been with Chadwell every stop so knows that offense.  I thought that O would work under Chadwell in the B1G and still think it will.  Liberty currently 9-0..

14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Between P5, G5 and FCS schools there will be around 200 QB's that will be looking for a new home.  Maybe more.

They don't need a first round draft pick.  They just need a top half P5 guy.

I guarantee there are several FCS QBs that instantly make this team better.  Can they get one to take the leap?  I think this is the best chance to get a decent QB.

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Think it's Salter.  60% completion rate so far, 23 TD's to 3 INT's......I know it's not all Satt's issues, but try for Salter and offer Willy Korn (Liberty OC) mad money.  He's been with Chadwell every stop so knows that offense.  I thought that O would work under Chadwell in the B1G and still think it will.  Liberty currently 9-0..

Yep. You know I agee:yeah

• Haha 1

Maybe I'm being naive.  But, I'm not concerned about this.  It's pretty clear to anyone paying attention that they will go hard in the off season to bring in a new QB or two.

Also, it's pretty easy to show WRs game film from this past weekend showing WRs running open. So, the offense is working in that aspect.  We just need that QB to get them the ball.

• Plus1 1