Nebrasketball vs Rider

Mavric

Shot poorly tonight against a team ready to play and won by 14.  Defense stepped it up and Kesei hit a couple 3s to get some space and they didn’t look back. Didn’t allow a point for 9:30 in the second half to close out the game until some garbage time buckets that closed things to the final score. 

Decent team, but missing Sam could loom large in some games. 

I see a lot of new guys learning to play together and using these early games against easier competition to find some synergy. I feel like the talent on this team is higher than in previous years. At the very least, it’s deeper. Perhaps our best defender is out, and also a big man with Big 10 experience still have yet to play a game this year, as well as someone we heard was about to take off this year in Lloyd. I feel decent about this team coming together. 

18 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Shot poorly tonight against a team ready to play and won by 14.  Defense stepped it up and Kesei hit a couple 3s to get some space and they didn’t look back. Didn’t allow a point for 9:30 in the second half to close out the game until some garbage time buckets that closed things to the final score. 

Decent team, but missing Sam could loom large in some games. 

Wow! Really, Mr. 1 on 1.  

• TBH 1

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I was really interested in seeing Mast play. He had a good game. 

12 points

13 rebounds

3 assists. 

But, please stop thinking you’re a 3 point shooter? 0-4. :facepalm:  

You’re a big guy.  Play like it. 

He's actually a career 33% 3-point shooter.  He had a bad night shooting them last night, but I'm OK with him taking them.  He took one as the shot clock was running out & one with only one contact after he got hit in the face earlier in the play.

• Plus1 1

I like this team so far...it's early, far from a finished product.

I dogged Wilcher for being a liability the last few years, but he looks good so far.  More efficient. 

Lawrence plays hard and seems to be getting better at running the show.

Mast is a stud...he is always under control...dryer sheet vertical but the guy can play.

Allick does the little things, valuable piece.

Coleman is kind of meh for me so far...but he's serviceable, for sure. 

Hoiberg is a dawg

Rice has a huge upside...liability on D so far, and a tentative driver at times...he's a knock down corner 3 guy though. 

Tominaga will be tominaga

Bryce Williams is a solid player in all areas

Gary will help defensively...as will Blaise 

We have a chance to be sneaky good, I think

• Plus1 1