project 2025

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You act like it's no big deal that a major party and their leader are planning things like this.....oh....because they won't be successful.

I tend to look at this and see what damage it's doing to America even when it doesn't succeed.

People forget (perhaps willfully) that Hitler was a big underdog as well.  The thing that 'will never happen' will happen when enough people believe it is impossible for it to happen.  Ignorance is never bliss.  

• Haha 1
  • TBH 4

37 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No, that’s already been asked and answered more than handful of times.  I will be writing in a candidate.   

Okay. I'll believe you. I'm just doing the math and it appears there are millions of Americans who publicly disavow Trump but once in a private booth they vote for him. They may well be people who rationalize the decision by claiming liberals over-estimate his danger. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, commando said:

you do realize there really is a 2025 project?   right?  it's not fiction.

There was also a pretty robust 2020 project, with the perpetrators on record advancing unambiguous goals. They were successful enough that 67% of Republicans believe Joe Biden did not legitimately win the Presidency, setting the stage for at the very least, chaos. It's the incrementalism you find in other historic descents into tyranny. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

You loooooooooove to throw around insults and make claims about people in which you have no idea about.   

Back up your BS….what dark right wing web specifics do I talk about or “wallow in”. 

LOL…”the experts”. Tell you what.  I’ll be a nice guy and let you worry enough for the both of us.   My Christmas Gift to you!  

The projection is strong with this one.  Especially considering the posting history.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Since no one else seems to want to answer, do you believe that the country is in danger of Trump serving another four years and then just deciding not to leave and the safe guards of our system of government will just allow that to happen? 

JFC....he is actively telling the world that those "safeguards" are the weaponized arms of his vermin adversaries, and promising to install Trump loyalists to replace every safeguarder in the name of a more glorious if less Constitutional America. Although Trump has apparently crossed a line you can't follow, he is still polling dead even with the sitting President. 

So the issue isn't exclusively about Donald Trump and Project 2025's ability to pull off something like this, it's that the scenario is actually plausible for the first time in anyone's memory.

As mentioned, we've seen tons of s#!t the past 8 years that once seemed unimaginable. Can our system of government prevail? God, I hope so. But why should I take your advice not to worry? 

• Plus1 2
43 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm just doing the math and it appears there are millions of Americans who publicly disavow Trump but once in a private booth they vote for him. They may well be people who rationalize the decision by claiming liberals over-estimate his danger. 

It’s possible.  It’s also possible that’s their rationalizing.  You would have to ask those people you are referring to 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

JFC....he is actively telling the world that those "safeguards" are the weaponized arms of his vermin adversaries, and promising to install Trump loyalists to replace every safeguarder in the name of a more glorious if less Constitutional America

And someday pigs may fly with their own wings.   

18 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

. But why should I take your advice not to worry?

I tend to focus on reality which is why this fairy tale doesn’t bother me.   Feel free to worry your days away, it’s really no skin off my back. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Hard pass. His "clarity" was myth-making that helped expand the divisions we now face. 

Guy - no offense meant, but I think you are reading a revisionist history of the Reagan years or did not know or have forgotten (I don't know your age) the threat to democracy we had worldwide under the Soviet threat.  Reagan wasn't perfect and in an era of peace it is easy to pick any administration apart - esp 40 years removed from that history.

The division we are seeing now was totally not imaginable during the time of Reagan - who didn't mind having a drink with the Democratic House leader.   There are many reasons top historians have placed Reagan in the top 10 realm of presidents and linking him to the trumpian, Neanderthal, fascist world of today's GOP is not one of those reasons. 

But I think we can go to the scorched earth campaign of GHWB run by Lee Atwater and we start seeing a bit more of what you are talking about.  Jump that up a notch with 

Newt.  After the GOP got a taste of power, owning the House after 38 years, then we start seeing more issues that led to deeper divisions.  But even at that, the Tea Party and then Trump himself took it to a whole new level. 

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Guy - no offense meant, but I think you are reading a revisionist history of the Reagan years or did not know or have forgotten (I don't know your age) the threat to democracy we had worldwide under the Soviet threat.  Reagan wasn't perfect and in an era of peace it is easy to pick any administration apart - esp 40 years removed from that history.

The division we are seeing now was totally not imaginable during the time of Reagan - who didn't mind having a drink with the Democratic House leader.   There are many reasons top historians have placed Reagan in the top 10 realm of presidents and linking him to the trumpian, Neanderthal, fascist world of today's GOP is not one of those reasons. 

But I think we can go to the scorched earth campaign of GHWB run by Lee Atwater and we start seeing a bit more of what you are talking about.  Jump that up a notch with 

Newt.  After the GOP got a taste of power, owning the House after 38 years, then we start seeing more issues that led to deeper divisions.  But even at that, the Tea Party and then Trump himself took it to a whole new level. 

Yes.

Nobody is claiming he was perfect.

But, the attitude in America was horrible under Carter with the economy in shambles.  The biggest thing he was able to do was be a calming voice and brought people together.  Someone might not have liked all of the policies that came out of that...and I understand that.  But, America wasn't in a good place when he entered the WH and he made the country better.

• TBH 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes.

But, the attitude in America was horrible under Carter with the economy in shambles.  The biggest thing he was able to do was be a calming voice and brought people together.  Someone might not have liked all of the policies that came out of that...and I understand that.  But, America wasn't in a good place when he entered the WH and he made the country better.

A couple things to add - it wasn't just the Soviet threat but we also had a real threat of the economy collapsing  - the worse economic situation since the Great Depression - possibly only superseded now by what Obama inherited after the crash of 2007 & 8.  Covid was bad - but that wasn't an economic structural issue like 2008 and 1980.  They both dealt with their crisis's differently  -  but both paths worked. Proof that one strategy isn't a fix-all for all situations (aka - GOP obsession with tax cuts).  Trump would go on and wrongfully claim the great economy was due to his policies and Clinton would enjoy the benefits of Reagan's 'peace dividend' and the strong economy that started under the Reagan recovery.  

• TBH 2
10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes.

Hell yeah he did.

• Plus1 1