Next year projections

Next year projections  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am just curious to know how many of us truly believe that next year will be better than what we saw this year. When considering that the schedule next year will be much tougher and the fact that it is highly unlikely that coach Rhule will make any coaching changes, do we really believe that the results next year will be much better? Our special teams were awful. Our offense was atrocious. We were last in FBS in turnovers and among the bottom in total offense. We still committed undisciplined penalties at the most in opportune times, and our head coach has no experience in game time management. Given all these observations, I really wonder how many of us are hopeful for a breakout season or at least 8 wins. 

9 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am just curious to know how many of us truly believe that next year will be better than what we saw this year. When considering that the schedule next year will be much tougher and the fact that it is highly unlikely that coach Rhule will make any coaching changes, do we really believe that the results next year will be much better? Our special teams were awful. Our offense was atrocious. We were last in FBS in turnovers and among the bottom in total offense. We still committed undisciplined penalties at the most in opportune times, and our head coach has no experience in game time management. Given all these observations, I really wonder how many of us are hopeful for a breakout season or at least 8 wins. 

Next year’s schedule is not much tougher.

Id say its about the same as this year.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2
10 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I understand next years schedule is “tougher” than this year, but I dont understand why many think it is killer or absolutely daunting.

we begin with

UTEP

Colorado

UNI

Illinois

* all at home…. Yes CU ma get us again, but I like our chances

then 

Purdue on road (bad team)

Rutgers at home (decent team but at home)

Indiana on road (bad team, new coach)

Too this point in season, it is no more difficult than this year’s easy schedule..

then

Ohio State…. Loss

UCLA at home… probably loss 

USC on road… loss

these three are killers, but we had Michigan this year. UCLA is tough but coming across the country in November isn’t easy… Yes, USC is tough. So we replace Michigan with Ohio State, and gain another loss (USC) and a good ucla

finish with

Wiscy at home…. Same Wiscy team that we should have beat on the road

Iowa… same Iowa who we poke fun off every year, but should have beaten

so, yes, the entire schedule is more difficult, with those 3 in a row, but getting 6 out of the other 9 isn’t impossible. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

4 hours ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

Amateur.

I'm up at night working on the 2032 season.

You won't believe what's in store

Dude, relax. It is just a poll. Either vote or don’t. No need to be condescending and pedantic. I honestly do not understand many on this board who enjoy acting like they are much smarter than others. Just be polite and understanding of others. If I do not like a topic, I simply do not comment on it. Simple as that. It is a simple question and I just wanted to get a feel for what people on this board think. I did not force you to read or vote. Stop being a child and grow up. BTW, your comment is not funny just in case you are wondering.

• Plus1 1