2024 Bracketology

Mavric

ESPN currently has the Huskers as a 10 seed in Charlotte vs Utah State.  One of the last four byes.

NCAA Bracketology: 2024 March Madness men's field predictions (espn.com)

CBS has them as one of the last four in playing Utah for the right to play Kentucky in Brooklyn.

2024 NCAA Tournament Bracket Predictions - Bracketology - College Basketball - CBSSports.com

Bracket Matrix has them as a 10 seed & on 96/98 brackets.  Highest seed is 9, lowest is 11.

The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2024

Computer rankings are NET 48, Ken Pom 40, Bart Torvik 39 (also a 10 seed with a76.8% chance to make the tournament), BPI 49 & SOR 36.

• Thanks 1

I feel like if we finish the last 3 road games a combined 1-2 or better we can lock into the tournament. Losing all of those road games would require an extremely convincing conference tourney run to make it in. Dropping to Indiana, Ohio State, and Michigan and then an early exit in the Big Ten tourney will make it too easy for the committee to say "This team is 1-10 on the road, they didn't earn it"

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
26 minutes ago, brontosaurus said:

I feel like if we finish the last 3 road games a combined 1-2 or better we can lock into the tournament. Losing all of those road games would require an extremely convincing conference tourney run to make it in. Dropping to Indiana, Ohio State, and Michigan and then an early exit in the Big Ten tourney will make it too easy for the committee to say "This team is 1-10 on the road, they didn't earn it"

They definitely need to win at least one road game & not lose either home game.  Winning two would be better.  Winning all three would all but guarantee them a spot.  If they can win 2 road games + a B1G tournament game they should be golden.

• Plus1 1
On 2/19/2024 at 10:01 AM, teachercd said:

TT is nasty, that would be a bad match up.

UK should be at 22 wins right now.

South Carolina might be all hat and no cattle.

FAU is probably better than their record.

On point... and a great take. 

These are Bad matchups for Huskers at #11 seed.  For anyone that faces them in round one.  But, they are all projected to be the 6 seeds.

FAU did great in tourney last year.  Final 4 lost by 1 point.  They been ranked all year this year.  Kentucky been ranked all year too.  Tech ranked all year.  South Carolina (21-5) been ranked all year.  

Any of those "6th seeds" would be a terrible matchup if you are the 11th seed - Nebraska.  

Not sure why people here don't see it and keep brushing their shoulders off. :dunno

I am advocating that we have to go to the Dance being a higher seed or a tad lower.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, admo said:

On point... and a great take. 

These are Bad matchups for Huskers at #11 seed.  For anyone that faces them in round one.  But, they are all projected to be the 6 seeds.

FAU did great in tourney last year.  Final 4 lost by 1 point.  They been ranked all year this year.  Kentucky been ranked all year too.  Tech ranked all year.  South Carolina (21-5) been ranked all year.  

Any of those "6th seeds" would be a terrible matchup if you are the 11th seed - Nebraska.  

Not sure why people here don't see it and keep brushing their shoulders off. :dunno

I am advocating that we have to go to the Dance being a higher seed or a tad lower.

10 is not a horrible seed to get, 10/7 usually about the same and you avoid the 1.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2
15 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

I don't care about the seed, it's just getting the opportunity.  Quite frankly I would embrace the challenge against a CBB blue blood like Kentucky.  Nebraska basketball doesn't get opportunities like that often.  Can you imagine if Keisei got hot in front of a national audience for that game?  Pandemonium around the country and good vibes for Nebrasketball.

Well you should care. 

I get the excitement when dreaming about a Husker upset in the tournament against a way better team.  

But that's the same feeling for Husker fans in football that say "I just want to go to a bowl game".  

But then what happens after you lose that game?

I agree the opportunity is exciting.  But we been tracking their success all year long so it should not be a surprise by now.  

Give us a good shot in Round 1 with another good shot in Round 2.  We shouldn't always have to climb mountains.  I want the Huskers to get a break for once. chuckleshuffle

• TBH 1
10 hours ago, ECisGod said:

It's not necessarily bad seeding, there are always upsets.  Most years the difference between a 5 seed and a 12 seed (and all the seeds in between) is pretty small.  There are a lot of bubble teams that played really well at the end of the season to get into the tournament & some mid-seeded teams that played poorly at the end of the season, but really well early so they got a higher seed.  Look at Wisconsin.  On Sunday when the NCAA announced their current top 16 seeds they were a 4 seed but have lost 5 of 6 and have looked really bad doing it.  There is almost no way they don't make the tournament, but I wouldn't pick them in the first round unless they figure their crap out in the next couple of weeks.

In the NCAA tournament, it's always who gets hot at the right time.  If a team gets hot in March, seeding doesn't matter.

I have seen enough to understand enough, so no need to explain March Madness.

We both know that the best teams in college basketball are 1 seeds. 

The top 4.

Seeds 2 are the top 8 teams in the country (landing at 5, 6, 7, 8)

Seeds 3 are the top 12 teams around (landing at 9, 10, 11, 12)

Seeds 4 - finishing at 13, 14, 15, 16 

Seeds 5 - the back part of the top 20 - 17, 18, 19, 20

There is some difference with teams between 24-54, but hitting buckets and playing defense can make the difference here.   A higher ranked team goes cold, gets into foul trouble and there is your upset.  

My point is that I'd rather the Huskers have a matchup that is winnable.  Because Nebraska has never won a game in March Madness ever.  

But if you win for once, hopefully round 2 isn't against a top 12 team (3 seed).