Nebrasketball vs Purdue

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

One more thought, the play by play guy on Peacock (Jac Collinsworth) was terrible.  He's a nepo baby that is also terrible at doing football games.

One of my favorite aspects of last night is simply how this game was Peacock…I mean, of course it takes an additional payment based subscription to watch a local school take down the nations #1 ranked team.

• TBH 1
18 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

He gets by on size & strength, but that won't work in the NBA.  He might still be the biggest (or very close), but he won't be anywhere near the strongest.  He will be drafted, but probably late 1st/early 2nd and not play much.  He can't guard anyone outside the post and can't shoot from outside 3' and is extremely timid. 

He's a great college player but doesn't fit in the modern NBA.  He would have made a boat load of money in the NBA 25 years ago, but now he'll rarely play.  That's why he came back for another season.  He is probably making 1M+ in NIL and gets to play where he is worshiped.  If he were in the NBA he might make more money but be sitting at the end of the bench (or in the G League) in anonymity. 

• Plus1 3
54 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

He gets by on size & strength, but that won't work in the NBA.  He might still be the biggest (or very close), but he won't be anywhere near the strongest.  He will be drafted, but probably late 1st/early 2nd and not play much.  He can't guard anyone outside the post and can't shoot from outside 3' and is extremely timid. 

He's a great college player but doesn't fit in the modern NBA.  He would have made a boat load of money in the NBA 25 years ago, but now he'll rarely play.  That's why he came back for another season.  He is probably making 1M+ in NIL and gets to play where he is worshiped.  If he were in the NBA he might make more money but be sitting at the end of the bench (or in the G League) in anonymity. 

No chance he is a 1st rounder IMO.  Kofi Cockburn went undrafted (currently plays in Korea).  Luka Garza went 52nd (currently sits on the TWolves bench in street clothes).  

• TBH 1

20 hours ago, GSG said:

Did anyone keep their Peacock subscription from the football season?

Already subscribed--that we get B1G Football and Basketball (and hopefully Baseball...) on it is great. 

Also, it's kinda funny/sad how quickly people forget we had to pay $39.99 for ONE FREAKIN' GAME when we were in the Big XII. One year we had something like three games (Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State IIRC) all on the Fox Sports PPV s**t. 

$39.99 for one freakin' game vs. $11.99 for a monthly sub that gets you a hell of a lot of quality programming? Some folks need to get some perspective...

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Already subscribed--that we get B1G Football and Basketball (and hopefully Baseball...) on it is great. 

Also, it's kinda funny/sad how quickly people forget we had to pay $39.99 for ONE FREAKIN' GAME when we were in the Big XII. One year we had something like three games (Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State IIRC) all on the Fox Sports PPV s**t. 

$39.99 for one freakin' game vs. $11.99 for a monthly sub that gets you a hell of a lot of quality programming? Some folks need to get some perspective...

K

• Worth a Look 1
23 hours ago, GSG said:

Did anyone keep their Peacock subscription from the football season?

I've had it for 2-3 years.  It's not expensive. Has some Husker sports occasionally and some good flicks. I like it.

I didn't watch the game tho :( bc I  was under the weather and forgot about it.  

My gurl took me for Pho and after that we got under the blankets and she watch BET channel.  Keeping me ok.

Of all nights to watch a Nebraska game and all I could do was lay in bed and sleep.

On record, stop complaining about Peacock and Husker sports. 

You are so sophisticated and buy things like an iPhone for $850 dollars every few years, you pay for electronics, PS4/5 and games, you spend for movie apps and subscriptions...... For peacock you  pay for it the night you buy a $10 dollar ribeye steak to grill.

In other words, it's not a suffering amount o pay for a service to watch sports and movies as you think it is. 

Just remember that your butt warmer seats in your SUV and iphones will console you...... With that steak on the grill ;)

LOL I'm sorry.

My brother @Mavric might move this to Peacock Sports thread - New World 2000

This weekend I am happy to say, because I do have Peacock, I will get to see the NFl payoff game - Miami Dolphins vs KC Chiefs :w00t

If you don't have it, put your internet radio on and imagine.  

You still get to see the Steelers play Houston or the Browns or Buccaneers or something.

Also heard the new iPhone 15 is titanium.  Totally worth it :) $$$$

Miami Dolphins vs KC Chiefs..... Exciting and only on Peacock 

People have some pretty defensive and accusatory justification over simply identifying how the biggest upset of a #1 team, playing the game in your local market, is not easily accessible as flipping to a channel. The streaming service is a disservice to the casual fan, especially when there are dozens of cable stations dedicated to sports alone. 

Oh how the times change from when we missed the first 5min of a bowl game because UCONN women *losing* is played on 3-4 ESPN stations. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

I don't have Peacock because I have season tickets so the only hoops game I missed was Oregon State in Sioux Falls and there is nothing on the platform that I care about.  Are there a few Universal movies I might want to watch for the 10th time, but nothing I can't live without.  None of their "original" programming looks that good based on ads I see.  If I saw any reason to get it the $6/month wouldn't matter.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1